What's new

Charcoal Canister - Install Pictures

SR2O

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Have any of you got some detailed pics of where charcoal canister lines run to? Mine was removed, many many years back so want to be 100% sure as I need to reinstall it (clearing a defect!) I remember there was a guide on here years ago with good pictures, but cant seem to find it anymore. Appreciate the help!

Reaction score
Country
you got a defect for not having a carbon canister....................... WTF, some cop has not had sex in months

SR2O

Reaction score
Had a look through the thread, the picture links are broken. Someone must have a copy of these saved somewhere - just need to confirm how the original lines used to be connected.

I know one line goes from the canister back to the solenoid on the radiator then to the intake manifold. I don't remember however how the two hard lines were used, they didn't both go to the canister did they? :S

SR2O

Reaction score
you got a defect for not having a carbon canister....................... WTF, some cop has not had sex in months
I wasn't specifically picked up on the carbon canister, I'd be surprised if any cop would realize. The problem is I need to go for an EPA test (emissions), if anyone will notice this it will be them.

SR2O

Reaction score
I think the hookup goes something like this, can someone confirm:

1. Canister outlet marked "Purge" goes back to the solenoid on the driver-side radiator support, that in turn connects to a vac line on the inlet manifold
2. "Fuel Tank" outlet goes back to one of the hard lines - not sure which one
3. Outlet on the bottom on the Carbon Canister, does this just hook up to the other free hard line?

Reaction score
Country
i removed mine and from vague memory...

one line went to the left of the radiator area and connected to a bracket with some electrical cables fastened to it.. that all got removed when i realised it was useless.

and the remaining two went down the right hand side where the aircon piping sits between the passenger headlight and that side of the radiator. when you remove it you connect two of these hard pipes together to prevent any air leaks..

hope that confirms a little..

Reaction score
Country
i dont see how a emissions test has anything to do with the fuel vapor coming from the tank, im not 100% sure on the in's & outs of these things but isnt that all they do, take the vapor and pass it through charcoal to clean it, then put i through the intake to burn off and left over residue??? really dont see any effect on the emission coming out the exhaust by having it in place. Someone feel free to jump in and correct me on this?