What's new

Help please guys, is this genuine HKS?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
That looks like its had that **** sprayed on it you put on aluminium pipes to give it a shine. HKS defiantly don't spray there stainless unless mild steal and even then its just black coating not fake chrome paint.

Also as far as i am aware if proper HKS the welds would be TIG there ARC welds, and with all my HKS stuff i got little certificates in Japanese stating its legit.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Is it a spray over the welds? or the welds got a burn look to them? but they are not TIG welds the top part of the flange looks like its got weld splatter from ARC. I use it on site for quick repairs but if doing something for show and take time i would defiantly TIG.

ARC WELDS

TIG WELDS

Reaction score
Country
Yeah it's definately arc welded and not even neatly done. Pisses me off. How these people can get away with this s**t

thanks for the help jay-pan. Will aid my argument in case the guy's a c**t

Reaction score
Country
Out of interest where did you order this from bud? I'm not after one but would help other / future users from potentiallly getting fake junk.

Reaction score
Country
Got your text dude. absolute bull****! was it a company on eBay or just a private seller? easily get your money back via paypal when you show them the difference between the legit HKS and this knock off P.O.S.

Reaction score
Country
Ebay jobby - should have known better really. £150 quid! Not exactly a 40 quid gamble either.

eBay user ID: - futuremotorsports01162600649

100% positive feedback, 70 sales. Seemed legit. Wasn't. TW*T.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for that ollie however I can't see it's genuine. The finish is terrible, the welds as said before are arc welded and badly. I'll put up some more pictures in a min...

Reaction score
Country
Im sorry but if this is the quality expected from HKS these days then quite frankly i'm appalled.

Here are a couple of pictures of Dave_t's blitz downpipe to show how the welds should be (im guessing TIG)

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Very clear difference between genuine and fake there from seeing the official HKS picture;

- Genuine made from stainless steel,the other one is mild steel sprayed.

- Genuine is TIG welded (as it rightly should), your one obviously has ARC weld

And seeing as its discontinued, that just helps your case.

A shame really when they are a genuine dealer, lets the brand down.

Reaction score
Country
Yes I agree the quality of the blitz welds are much better than that of the supposedly hks downpipe, what a shame, hope you manage to get your money back without problems!