What's new

S14 diff on s15

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Hey all, im looking for a bit info from soneone that has an s14 diff fitted on to an s15 with the six speed box.

I know you have to change the nose over from an s15 diff on to an s14 diff for it to fit.

But is this because the s15 prop is slightly shorter and if i fit the s14 rear half prop on to my s15 will the 14 diff fit without the 15 nose.

I will greatly appreciate any help people can offer.

Thanks for looking

Matt

Reaction score
Country
correct me if im wrong but arent, S14 & S15 diffs the same R200 casing? only skylines and either A31, C33 had a long nose R200 casing with smaller front bolt holes. Making the only differences being the ratios of the crown pinion, and what type of head is in it, and the ABS speed sensor thing pluged into it.

Reaction score
Country
I swapped mine for an auto and then swapped back... Seemed straight forward swap

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Ive got 2 s14 diffs and one s15 diff all abs and the nose that bolts to the prop on the s15 diff is about 10 to 15mm longer than the nose on the s14 diffs.

Anyone else have experience with this.

There is definitely a difference at least between the diffs i have there is.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
The casings are the same but its the bit that bolts on to the pinion shaft thats a different length

Reaction score
Country
i see, learned somthing new, year the nose is the front part of the casing, if i was you i would just leave the S15 diff in there and then change the head to suit your application, or are you looking for a quick change like a locker for track days then back to the helical for the road?

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Im doing the sxoc crail day next weekend, but my 2way in 15 case is away being rebuilt and im worried about it not getting back to me in time for the drift day.

Iv bought a spacer from rhd japan that should let the 14 diff fit on s15.

In the mean time im gona try n buy an s15 diff nose

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Thats what i thought dude, but i want to get sum1 to measure them both for me first so i can make ure its the right one.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
so if i use the rear halh of an s14 prop do you think it will allow the s14 diffs to fit.

if i could get someone to measure them it will confirm this

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I'm trying to remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure I used my S14 diff with the S15 rear half of the prop when I moved all the parts over to the S15. All bolted up fine, no pull to get it to meet.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
A few people have said that on sxoc, but it wont go for me, iv oredered a spacer from rhd japan to fit a non abs diff on to an abs car and im going to get the thickness machined down so it will work with s14 diff.

Just need to find a pair of 31mm spline driveshafts now with output shafts.

This is turning in to alot of fun. Lol

Thanks for help guys

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Any chance you could measure them for me dude. I think the s14 prop is around 6mm longer than the s15 prop.

Reaction score
what model s14 diff did you get? i have an s14 diff in mine, i swapped the rear hats and the abs sensor and that was it, bolts straight in.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Itwas an abs diff but the input flange on my s15 diff is about 6mm longer than the input flange on both s14 diffs i have.

Clive on sxoc said he had same problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD