What's new

Alignment

Reaction score
Country
Right chaps.
I've just changed to s tunes on the 15. No other arms etc have been changed.
I've got the whiteline settings I used previously but the local garage want to know what I need adjusting.
Will I need camber, toe and caster?

Sorry for the stupid question. Just don't want to take it there and they say they can't do it.

Reaction score
Country
your camber and toe have a measure of adjustment but very little, if you have changed your ride height, im not sure on how much the s tunes change the ride height, but as a matter of course you should get aftermarket toe, camber, traction, caster arms, so that when you want to get a good alignment you can, and i would not take my S15 to any old local garage for a alignment as they dont normally understand what does what, and then they make a big issue out of the fact that it take a hell of alot longer to do the alignment with all the extra arms

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Where are you planning to take it in mate? I need to get mine sorted out soon, used SCA last time :)

Reaction score
Country
I've used SCA a couple of times. Might try STR next but I was gonna get the local STS in Wymondham to do it as I don't have adjustable arms plus its convenient (2 mins from my work). They've assured me they can input the settings I had on my 14 with no issues.

Reaction score
Country
your camber and toe have a measure of adjustment but very little, if you have changed your ride height, im not sure on how much the s tunes change the ride height, but as a matter of course you should get aftermarket toe, camber, traction, caster arms, so that when you want to get a good alignment you can, and i would not take my S15 to any old local garage for a alignment as they dont normally understand what does what, and then they make a big issue out of the fact that it take a hell of alot longer to do the alignment with all the extra arms
I know what u mean about the local garage. Just the convenience of being 2 mins away.
Don't have the arms at the moment and prob won't look into it for a few months yet.
The car was as low as it could go on CS1's before so it's gone up a fair bit.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I've used SCA a couple of times. Might try STR next but I was gonna get the local STS in Wymondham to do it as I don't have adjustable arms plus its convenient (2 mins from my work). They've assured me they can input the settings I had on my 14 with no issues.
Fair enought mate, I did think of going to STR :thumbs: Autotest really ****ed me off last time I went there.

Reaction score
Country
They certainly look good. Met him at the market one day when he was promoting CRE. Said they would be more than happy to work on the S15!

Might take it to them on Saturday instead now I think about.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I think the bloke got a bit ratty trying to setup a full set of arms. When I looked at it later, they failed to point out that there was something wrong with the front of the car as one top mount was in the middle, the other jammed over to one side. To get the one jammed over to one side he taken a hammer and chisel to it.

Been to SCA since for alignment, but would be good to know how oyu get on at STR :)

Reaction score
Country
I think the bloke got a bit ratty trying to setup a full set of arms. When I looked at it later, they failed to point out that there was something wrong with the front of the car as one top mount was in the middle, the other jammed over to one side. To get the one jammed over to one side he taken a hammer and chisel to it.

Been to SCA since for alignment, but would be good to know how oyu get on at STR :)
Not good. Gedge took his FD there and they told him they couldn't get the camber in properly.