What's new

Injectors and Fuel rail

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm in need of larger injectors, if I went side-feed I'd only really want Tomei or Nismo 740's. Because of my VE swap I'm thinking a new fuel rail + FPR, so that plus topfeeds is a better value option.

What do you guys think of this?
http://www.rhdjapan.com/fuel-delivery-4-cyl-tune-up-kit

Any other quality but reasonable price options off the top of anyone's head?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Awesome, think they will be spot on. Hearing lots of good things about Injector Dynamics. Should that KA set fit a DET then?
Any chance anyone can recommend a decent mechanical fuel pressure gauge too? Ebay cheapies I can't trust, just something branded to do the job.

Reaction score
Country
i did start a thread on larger injectors yesterday but as a newbie, admin haven't verified my account yet :( but on the topic- aren't the standard injectors rated up to 330hp? i was looking at R33 injectors as a possible upgrade so i assume that an r33 fuel rail would also be compatible? would surely work out cheaper than importing one from japan or the states?

Reaction score
Country
for the gauges, people always seem to go for defi's even though they are outrageously expensive. for a less painful option have a look at demon tweeks, they have loads of gauges on there (digital and analogue) i presume they are of good quality, i have a friend who got some to run in his s13 with no issues. worth a try i guess

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Is the way i am gonna go mate, injector dynamics are meant to be the best around now and aren't extortionately priced either

Reaction score
Country
Awesome, think they will be spot on. Hearing lots of good things about Injector Dynamics. Should that KA set fit a DET then?
Any chance anyone can recommend a decent mechanical fuel pressure gauge too? Ebay cheapies I can't trust, just something branded to do the job.

I think there are no differences between KA and SR on this particular kit.. be aware that ID makes two different fuel rail adapters: 11mm and 14mm..they are also different colour-coded but I can't remember which is which off the top of my head :D

As per Fuel Pressure Gauge I'm not sure if you mean the ones that you fit onto the Fuel pressure regulator

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:it

or the ones you put in the dashboard

http://www.ebay.it/itm/DEPO-racing-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f7a0988f

Last edited:

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The plan at the moment, as I can't get a VE specific rail I am going to get the mazworx top mount rail and ID 1000's to fit. No discount on smaller injectors so why not 1000!! Will work out at about $600 plus P&P and tax.

As I have to get this from the states I'll get an aeromotive fuel pressure gauge (the under the bonnet type) from FRSport and have it shipped over in one go, with a bunch of other VE bits from G-spec.

I'll have to read up on those ID differences, or just get greg at Gspec to choose for me once he receives the mazworx rail :)

Reaction score
Country
The Mazworx top feed rail requires injectors with a 14mm top and 60mm length, ID do different sizes but this is what you need.

The specific Injector Dynamics part number is: -

ID1000-60-14

http://www.injectordynamics.com/ID1000.html

As these injectors have such a good linear response, you can run injectors bigger than you need and still maintain a smooth idle, which is the issue with other big injectors. The ID1000s should be fine for your set up Max.