What's new

car not running properly

Reaction score
Country
I was out for a drive yesterday and I dropped it from 6 th gear to 3rd and when I hit 4rpm the car felt like it hit a flat spot and didn't want to give anymore. The car feels like stuttering when you try and push it .

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Sounds like Coilpack related. Or spark plugs? Could even be boost leak! Best to work through it one at a time, check all your vacum pipes and intercooler pipe and clips.

Then check your spark plugs! And if they are all ok then maybe get a 2nd hand set of Coilpacks and replaced them one at a time to eliminate the issue!

Reaction score
Country
The spark plugs are new and so is the coilpacks they are about a month old ,I had it on the rolling road after I fitted them and the car was running fine . It must be a boost leak ,there was a noise from the passengers side footwell like something being rattled when I put my foot down.

Reaction score
Country
I think it might be the walbro fuel pump its making a funny sound . I have been out for another run and it seems to be 5 rpm revs in each gear when it doesn't want to give anymore. Anybody else had this problem?

Reaction score
Country
im having same problem atm... cept mine stutters and wont give anymore after 3000-4000 im getting my tuner check it out. My guess is the fuel pump but could be a boost leak. mine struggles to get to .4 boost

Reaction score
Country
Mines is boosting ok but I have a standard boost gauge and I don't trust it . I have a friend who is coming round to have a look later ,I will let you know how we get on .

Reaction score
Country
a boost leak shouldnt stop it revving up. it'll just pop and bang and run really rich, and of course, not hold pressure. BUT. it should still rev up fine, just might be sluggish.

I'd check your ignition and fuel components as above.

standard boost gauges are unreliable and according to many, inaccurate. Get a decent aftermarket one (Defi) and you'll know whats happening down there.

Reaction score
Country
thought i would post a update . i fixed my car finally :nod: it was the walbro fuel pump that was on its last legs , i followed the guide that was posted on here ( my heads still spinning from the fumes) thanks to the person that posted the thread. so I'm happy my cars running and back on the road:) just need to get it chipped now .