What's new

Adjust ABS sensitivity?

Reaction score
Country
My ABS kicks in too early in my opinion. Is there any way to adjust it slightly so it kicks in a little later? I've got R33 brakes all round, with the S15 BMC, and the front to rear bias is perfect, again in my opinion.

If i'm heavily braking to slow down, (not slamming on, just heavy braking) then the ABS kicks in and causes me to slow down slower, thus increasing the chance of a shunt.

Cheers

Reaction score
You need to change the master cylinder for an r33 / z32 one, the bias on a 15 mc isn't right for your set-up as you now have twin pot rears as opposed to singles (you now have double the braking pressure on the rear pads than before :) )
That's what causes your rear brakes to lock too early, triggering the abs.

Reaction score
Country
Ah ok, I've got an R33 master cylinder lying about too, but figured because the car was flat when braking, it didnt need changing. I cant remember what model it is.. BMC-50? maybe. cant remember. i'll check it out and enquire into getting it fitted (because i sure as hell cant, and dont want to plumb that in myself! haha)

Cheers

Reaction score
Yes the BM-50 is the one you want. That will correct the brake bias for you. If you have the R33GTR MC then it will be a BM57 the R33GTsT had the BM44. You would need the BM50 from a Z32 or an R32 non Brembo.

Reaction score
Country
It might be the BM44 i've got, I honestly cant remember, its not with me and I wont see it until early january when i'm back at work. Either way, its the one that matches the brakes, so I'll get it fitted.
On a slightly different not, but still on brakes, mine seem to be 'locking on' a lot quicker at the moment (overnight sticking of discs to pads, whatever you want to call it due to crap weather etc), pads are fine, i'm guessing its a sign the discs are getting worn down? theres a small lip, nothing major, but i guess it could be time for change..?