What's new

s15 model ABS Question

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if there were any s15 models that did not come with ABS? The reason i ask is i am in the process of buying one and there is no abs. Could this have been removed for drifting/track uses? Its a 2002 spec r so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
ABS was standard across the entire S15 range - both Spec R and S. If its been removed, I would be questioning why, what else has been done and what the car's history was... Even though (if its a true 2002 model) its a very late model, this would probably be enough to stop me buying it. Oh, and it won't have a ball bearing turbo.

Reaction score
well its mildly modified, genuine 2002 model, have checked the engine codes. Ive asked for more info because im thinking that it might have been a misprint on the auction report?

D

Derek

Rob,

Surelly its a misprint. This a lovely white 02 S15 for sale in cork pm for more details :D

Reaction score
lol nope not from cork mate, jap land :D How much is the s15 in cork going for? Thinking its a misprint because from what i can see the ABS unit is still intact

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i think some did come without abs as they could choose if they wanted it or not i think not sure

Reaction score
ok was on the phone to japan, he said that the car has no abs but everything is still there, it was disconnected for drifting purposes. Now my next question is is abs really that important? I had none in my type-r impreza but have you guys got any thoughts about no abs on an s15?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I was simply quoting the Nissan Japan spec list for that age of S15. It states it was fitted as standard across the range :)

Do you need ABS? Depends if you intend doing loads of snow driving or drifting. If you intend driving in on the road at any other time (i.e. 99% of the time), then I'd say yes. I would never, by choice, consider a car without ABS.

I would certainly never consider buying a car which had had its ABS disconnected for drifting. That's just asking for it IMHO...

S

S15R

sounds like its been in a hardcore life lol, make sure there are no major damages.. eg: chassis

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Steer away :nod:

You dont want a car someone else has thrashed :no:, remember and always buy with your head and not your heart......

Reaction score
thanks for the advice lads, turns out there was a problem with the fuse :D all fixed and should be on the boat very shortly! The car has been well looked over by my sis and cousin that are in japan at the minute and they rekon its resonable condition. Grade 4 and interior is b. Ive been holding off on buying an s15 until i found the right one :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
slammedmind said:
thanks for the advice lads, turns out there was a problem with the fuse :D all fixed and should be on the boat very shortly! The car has been well looked over by my sis and cousin that are in japan at the minute and they rekon its resonable condition. Grade 4 and interior is b. Ive been holding off on buying an s15 until i found the right one :thumbs:
Nice :)
Should be good considering the grades. But there is always a risk when importing.. Well there is a risk buying from importers too so let's just say that there is always a risk involved when buying a used car :wack:

Reaction score
agreed, ive been importing a few years now and have made my mistakes and learnt from them so hopefully all will turn out well and i can get my ass in the seat!