What's new

S14 Clutch > S15 Spec R??

Reaction score
Country
Ive searched and cant find a definative answer.

please can someone who as actuallly done this or have any experience with this reply..

Can I go buy an S14 clutch kit (NOT flywheel) and fit it to a spec R 6 speed?

please no answers with my mates, dads, cousins, brother said you can/cant.... ive read all through that bollox all over google

thanks in advance

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
dude, an s15 has a duel mass flywheel. If you want to fit an s14 clutch then you would need to change the flywheel. BUT if J0R04N says hes done it on his then it must work.

I use an ORC 409 which has its own fly and twin plate setup. I know 100% they differ from 5 speed to 6 speed.

Reaction score
Country
And clutch choice all depends on your wallet size. I would look at the Exedy setups with the flywheels included or nismo copper mix. Or if your budget is lower like mine was I was advised the Exedy padle clutch. Little bit of a nuisance in traffic but you soon get used to it. The other option is the organic one. The only thing I was told is they will wear very fast when putting over 300bhp through them. However I don't know this for sure????

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Re: S14 Clutch > S15 Spec R??

If your buying a new one dude. Just near in mind that exedy clutch snd flywheel setup can effect end play on crankshaft and there pretty cack for road use. Ive read good things about coppermix and hks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I bought and fitted (myself) an S14 act heavy duty organic clutch (clutch cover and friction plate and release bearing).

Really good pedal and great bite. Dont buy an extreme act one thy are too harsh.

So to sum up YES a s14 CLUTCH kit will fit. A s14 flywheel WONT FIT!