What's new

Key cutting ? Alarm issues

Reaction score
Country
Hi guy i started my car the other morning when it was frosty and shut the door and they locked with the keys in and engine running it took me an hour to break into my own car :rolleyes: while it was snowing :mad: haha because i found the doors had locked but the locker pin next to the handle hadn't fully closed :confused: and my spare fob wouldn't open it ether and i had no spare key, the alarm is a viper 480vx, i was wondering is this down to the frost and if anyone else has the same alarm and had similar problems because ive also found in the 2 years of owning the car that 3 times now it wouldn't unlock and it was on the right program and in a clear space not say a multi story car park for instance, and only after this problem have i now decided to get a spare key cut but the one i got with the car is not the original and it doesn't have the code on it and iam having problems finding someone who will cut a descent key that will work in the ignition and not just the doors, iam from the Oxford area so some where local to that would be great, plus the auto start doesn't always work it tends to only work when the engines warm and the starter and battery are fine, would this be down to the car or the alarm ?
Thanks guys Luke :thumbs: