What's new

High octane for high boost setting, premium for low boost

Reaction score
Country
So my tuning session is coming and i have a few question for you folks, i have a gas station near my house that sells 100 octane race gas, premium here is 95 octane or so, can i tune with the 100 octane gas let say for 17 psi and if i need to fill the tank with 95 just use a "low boost setting" at 10 psi or so? i'm currently running powerfc on my car with all the supporting mod and greddy electronic boost controller. I appreciate any help you guys can give me! :D

Reaction score
Country
why not, heaps of tuning companies do twin fuel tunning, if you have the money to throw at it I would run a small and a large fuel cell, the large is for 95 the small the 100, and have it setup so that once you put your foot down or the cars revs get past 5 the fuel system switchs to the 100 and ups the boost, but im not sure of the restrictions of the PFC it might require you to manually switch pre tunned fuel maps. Could be more of a Motec ecu type of thing, reserved for this type of build http://vimeo.com/5079796

Reaction score
Country
that would be an interesting setup to have, but i don't think i want to spend money on different fuel cells for now. So i don't know about twin fuel tuning but what i was thinking something like, tune the car @ 17 psi and if i need to use 95 octane i just put the boost controller to 10 psi and should be safe to go, am i right with this assumption?

Reaction score
You wont be able to do it with the Power FC, it's to old of a PC to be able to run dual maps for diffrent fuels. You'll need something like the Haltec Sport 1000

Reaction score
Country
hmmm ok so it pfc won't take a dual map, but then, would it be safe just using lower octane on less boost having the car tuned for higher octane and higher boost?

Reaction score
It's more then just boost, you will probably have to take some of the timing out of your map as well to stop pinging.