What's new

fueling up grades

Reaction score
Country
hey guys im planing to fit 740cc injectors and bigger fuel pump.. ( a how too install be cool too)
im was woundering what to set the power fc too take the new stuff and run good enough till i get it tunned, oh im gonna put in a z32 AFM with apexi pod.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
At what stage would you be looking to fit 740's?

I'm looking to run - Z32 afm, walbro and about 1 bar boost. Should i fit 740's too? (remembering they cost money :p)

M

Meddy

Firstly what ever you do dont fit the Z32 until your on your way to get it mapped as even with the PFC swapped to this it will run like an absolute dog on the base map. Only other thing you need to pop in the PFC is the lag time and injector duty. Which from menmory is 0.08 seconds and around 60%, but this can be double checked by popping over to SXOC and looking in the usefull threads. That should make the car driveable, mine was. If you buy the Datalogit software Ive got my maps for the 15 saved. Spec can be found under members ride under Dammsy. These would make the car drivable even with the Z32 fitted and probably would need very little tweaking to make it spot on for your car.

M

Meddy

Topper said:
I drove my car for a couple fo weeks with the Z32 fitted :eek: was lumpy to say the least. :)
Oh and to answer your earlier question which I missed you wont need the Z32 or the 740's to run 1 bar. The stock gear will be fine. But the thing is if youve got the money for them slap the injectors in and get her mapped up to 1.2 bar. Even if you only normally run at a bar at least you can then turn it up if you want some fun.

Reaction score
Country
cheers guys ive everything except the fuel pump and injectors, i'll order those soon and map it for 1.2bar hehehe :thumbs:

are injectors easy to install?? ive a hks FPR to throw on too

oh at what stage will i need to worry about the head gasket???

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The injectors are easy to do...the 2nd time. :wack: The process is simple. You just need to know what you're doing and take your time. Its much simpler to change them with the fuel rail in situ :nod: Really must do my fitting guide...

M

Meddy

raytsang said:
cheers guys ive everything except the fuel pump and injectors, i'll order those soon and map it for 1.2bar hehehe :thumbs:

The FPR will be wasted with the 740's at the power your likely to be running. You just wont need it.

M

Meddy

Meddy said:
raytsang said:

The FPR will be wasted with the 740's at the power your likely to be running. You just wont need it.
Fitting the injectors isnt difficult, it takes longer to strip everything out of the way than to pop them in. Just make sure you use new O rings and to avoid nipping them lube them up with a bit of vaseline first. :ghey:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
^^ :nod: Its much easier to do injectors with the fuel rail in situ.

My 740s were pulling 62% duty at 1.2 bar during my recent mapping session. You certainly don't need the FPR without a bigger turbo and accompanying expensive mods...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Meddy said:
Oh and to answer your earlier question which I missed you wont need the Z32 or the 740's to run 1 bar. The stock gear will be fine. But the thing is if youve got the money for them slap the injectors in and get her mapped up to 1.2 bar. Even if you only normally run at a bar at least you can then turn it up if you want some fun.
Good idea :thumbs:, make good use of my High/Low function :D

M

Meddy

raytsang said:
right ive the stuff ordered... nismo fuel pump and nismo 740cc injectors... cant wait to spend more money on fuel.
Dont panic, once mapped even though you will be running more power fuel economy is likely to improve drastically. Mine did. :nod:

Reaction score
Country
ok Guys got my 740 nismo injectors and nismo fuel pump...
nicely any luck in getting a how too on the injectors??

how does the walbro compare with the nismo one???

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Not a clue about the Nismo pump. I would imagine its a straight replacement.

I've got all the photos for the injector change, but again no words :rolleyes: Its actually very straightforward, you just need to be careful over a few things.

New O rings everytime you take injectors out.
Replace with the fuel in situ - its shedloads easier.
Make careful not of where all the pipe going to the plenum go.
Use a set of moule grips to hold the injectors when you remove.