What's new

Decat sizes

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, was looking at getting an exhaust system this month but getting the vertex kit sprayed instead. So was just going to buy a decat to fit on my standard system.

My question is if im running a Nismo 2.6" exhaust system from factory will a 3" decat match up to the exhaust and downpipe?

Or am i going to need downpipe and decat or the whole system? Think i have seen where a lad is running a nismo exhaust with decat :/

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
it would be different mate, depends what size the flange is I have only heard of 2.5" or 3" tbh your better off upgrading to a 3" system. If you want a 2.5 decat there are a few available for Honda ie integra etc worth a shot some are adjustable I'm length so might be able to get one that fits

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Yer i thought that 2.6" sounded strange but thats what came back when i did some research on the exhaust lol. Defo getting a 3" exhaust just got bit of spare cash so was going to get a decat for now. Will have a look at the Honda ones cheers.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Tbh I would just wait mate as the decat would then not fit your new system,bit of a waste If your only gonna keep it on for a couple of months....

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
to fit with an s15 exhaust system you'll have to either buy an s15 specific decat or an s13 as its the correct length (315mm) and the orientation of the flanges is right. i think your'e best off with 3", and to be honest it will be much easier and cheaper to get hold of an s13 decat so its best to just fit it when you go 3".... i dont know of any negatives it would cause fitting it now - flow wouldn't be so smooth because of the bore change but you'd be removing the restriction of the cat so that should more than compensate for it

Reaction score
Country
oh mate go for a decat ive got a blitz back box and standard exhorts system and it sounded almost standard but when i got the decat it really made it purr like a kitten :)

Reaction score
Country
for all the pissing around people do with, dump pipe, front pipe, de-cat, cat back, this brand that brand, will it fit right, gasket after gasket bla bla bla...... the answer is custom mild steel job coated in high heat paint, half the price, perfect fitment, no tin arse sound, lasts forever, moulded to suit. what im doing next time around