What's new

Track rods and ends.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well my track rod is bent, so going to replace the track rod and ends. But before i do i have read in a thread that the skyline ones are an exact fit just thicker and stronger.

Is this true and what skyline ones? i have seen the Tein ones which are my next point of call.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Tein are all the same for skylines and s15'setc, so are the japspeed ones. As long as you get the track rod end to go with the arm.

I have japspeed ones which are ok, been on my car for 9 months. Cheap too for 109 delivered. I would have gone for ikeya formulas or tein over japspeed tho.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Just looked at the japspeed ones they seem good, are they needed to be upgraded if only used for road use?

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
They don't make the car worse to drive and my car is only used on the road at the mo! If anything they give you slightly more lock which I find helpful for parking! :)

just make sure you grease up the rosé joint if you get the japspeed ones. Remember when you replace the track rods etc you'll need the tracking done at the same time. You can't really DIY them.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Why do you think so crap gaz? Yes the name etc but why else!

and yeah Auss they have boots on them, I just meant grease inside the boots!

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys am i missing something with the hole japspeed thing, i thought japspeed stuff was good, am i wrong to think that? and what's the mater with there name? do they have a bad name for reasons

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Have you contacted japspeed about them gaz? How the **** did they snap? They've got the twin adjustment on them and I've seen people wind the one side out too much! ikeya or tein are defo best for the money.

Reaction score
Country
whats the point? all this stuff is sold as 'motorsport use only' get out of jail free card stylee :wave:

the only real advantage you will gain from using a rod end of this type is for 'anti bumpsteer' which is caused by the steering arm traveling on a different arc to the lower arm causing it to pull or push the wheel in as the suspension travels up or down.

spacing the steering arm down and altering the arc it travels will cause bumpsteer as you will put it out of sync with the lower arm.(money well spent??) meaning that you will have to mess around fixing your new problem by buying some 'roll centre correction' ball joints that dont actually work or some moon face ones or something to space the lower arm down.

i guess they would be good if you are having trouble with the original style ends binding but ive never ever heard of that happening. you want piss poor thin rods and arms so that if you properly wack it you bend an end or a rod and not your rack and subframe.

tien stuff is just z32 rods and i cant remember what ends. something real stupid.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Anti bump steer and roll centre correction are both important factors to consider when your on track! Tein rods aren't just z32 ones, they are green and have uprated ends! :)

any way I'm off to grind down my rods so they bend easily!

Reaction score
Country
ive seen quite a few of them snap,and i had one snap on me causing me to crash into a bus head on.
basically this.

ive had the alloy turn buckle on the tie rod end give way ( threads stripped ) while driving down a back road at a sensible speed as I had my missus in the passenger seat, pretty dam lucky not to have ended up in the trees had I been driving on my own I may not be here.

**** crapspeed. get tien or oem.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hmm I don't like the sound of this! When I searched for japspeed and steering arms before I bought them I only found one person who they broke on and that's cos they adjusted then too far on one side.

I might get rid of mine and buy some teins

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
As I said dude, I don't have experience with the japspeed but I had tein rods fitted on mine when I got the car almost 3 years ago now and are still 100% fine ( touch wood ) lol