What's new

Turbo Elbow Bolts Missing..

Reaction score
Country
Not sure how, not sure why, but mine seem to have run away. And as a result my exhaust backbox is kicking out... nothing. my turbo is the exhaust at the moment. haha

So why did they come loose, how can i stop them coming loose and running away, and where can i get a set of new bolts from (other than nissan). I'm fitting a new elbow so need new bolts for the bottom too :)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
**** one bolt holding it on! You got lucky it didnt rattle off! :) Either use a lock washer on the bolts and on the nuts! Or you can get special non nylon lock nuts. Then just do them F-ing tight! Your local motor factors should have the right bolts, Just take the old one so you can match the threads. The nut threads should match the bolt.

Reaction score
Country
is this common? today mine has started blowing like a bitch, fearing the worst that it could be the manifold-to-turbo gaskets (bigger job to do)

Reaction score
Country
i'll check mine tomorrow, hopefully it will just be the elbow bolts then! don't really have the time before mapping to change the mani-to-turbo gasket lol. fingers crossed

Reaction score
Just buy some regular studs, wind them into the exhaust housing on the turbo, hand tight is fine, and use locking nuts to tighten the lot together.

you want thread size M8x1.25mm just for reference.

Reaction score
Country
mine done this, im using combo van manifold nuts seems to have done the trick. (more square than round)

Reaction score
I just had to re tighten mine on the weekend. Very common problem, causes, aftermarket heavy 3" exhaust,more power, stock engine mounts,trackdays, non stock items.

Reaction score
Country
cheers for the responses guys! new studs and nuts have arrived so gonna get them in tomorrow! still cant believe how fast they've worked free! I think once one goes, the rest seem to follow pretty fast due to the extra movement..

i'll keep an eye on them in future now though! :D

Reaction score
Country
Noticed that the turbo to manifold bolts managed to shuffle loose too. luckily i fitted a locking bracket/collar thing last time i had it off so they didnt unthread completely!