What's new

Whats up with these discs?

Reaction score
Country
Trying to fit my bremobs and I just cant get them to fit properly..

I originally thought it was the adaptor as you need to grind the caliper back for it to fit square..

Done that -

Not my pik but dont this -

Fitted better -

But for some reason when you tighten the wheel onto the disc it pushes one side in more like the disc isnt flat or central -

Which causes one side of the disc to force against pads -

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
One thing I did was wire brush and file/sand my hubs as there was a load d build up on there so rubbed em flat I make sure they would sit nice and flush.
Is what was happening to mine mate when i changed my discs ended up being the bracket itself hadn't been machines flat enough dan had to take it back a bit for me( didn't notice before as when if fitted them I had used discs but im sure dan is using a different supplier now forthe brackets?) give dan a shout otherwise see if he can help he sorted mine out for me ;)

Last edited:

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Does sound like a bracket issue making it not sit right. There was a similar thread on SXOC but after a quick search I can't find it.

Reaction score
Country
Well Dan got back to me and said I've done it wrong :p

Apparently the bracket goes on the other side of the hub and then the new bolts go through the adaptor then into the spacers and then into calipers...so no need for grinding (too late haha)

Its dark now so cant go and check but thinking about it, even swapping it arround wont the calipers still be in the same position anyway the spacers will just be the other side...

Reaction score
Country
could be wrong but

bracket on the inside of the mounts on the hub then caliper bolts go through the bracket => spacer => caliper its this way as the spacers are machine to suit different cars distances from where the brackets bolt up, if they still don't line up ask the place where you got them from to machine some spacers that are either smaller or larger depending on the clearance you have got, do you own a vernier caliper?

Reaction score
Country
excuse my last post............ didnt read your bottom post seams you already got it

Reaction score
Country
Sorted it now guys, I did it wrong before but that was down to lack of instructions...

All fits nicely now and wheel spins freely...only issue is that when the wheel spins there is one part of the disc that rubs past the pads (very gently but you can hear it..) it seems the disc isn’t sitting 100% flush with the hub so one side may be raised a few mm causing the rotor to spin like its warped..

I only quickly fitted it all up last night to check it was okay so my guess is there is rust build up on the hub face so im hoping if i clean it all up it will sit flush and will not catch at all.

Well we can hope..