What's new

R33 brake setup changed offset???

Kev

Reaction score
Country
Hi all, I've just fitted r33 gtst brakes to my 15, now the problem I have is my rear wheels are now rubbing on the arches due to a offset change??? The wheels I have are ultralight 18x9.5 et35 no spacers a 245/45/18 tyre.Any one else had this problem when fitting r33 brakes???also I'm wanting new wheels soon I was gonna buy rota gtr-d's 18x10et35 with stretched tyre rolled arches and a slight pull and 18x9.5et25 front with a stretched tyre rolled and a slight pull but now not sure if I should buy these!!! Any help would be great thanks Kev

Reaction score
Country
common problem dude, the hat distance on Skylines is different to Silvias, i have R34 brakes up front, only running a 8" +38 wheel with 215 tire and it misses the coilovers by 1.5mm....... normal S15 disk would give me heaps of strut clearance

adzsy

Reaction score
Country
I am going to highjack this thread a little with this question, but it is all related so hope you don't mind.

Do the Z32 rear brakes have the same issue?

Does the Spec S and Spec R S15 have the same standard rear brake setup?

Kev

Reaction score
Country
I think the z32 rear setup is exactly the same as the r33 setup mate so yeah your have the same issue. I'm not sure about the difference between spec s and spec r rear brakes tho. Hope that helps mate :)