What's new

car wont start..

Reaction score
Country
hey guys my car seems to not start i went filled up at the petrol station.. and came back to turn it on and it wouldnt start.
it turns but theres no start.. i should note i degreased the engine bay today and gave it a light spray over after 3-4 hours before filling up.. maybe water somewhere?

:cry:

any advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
got a alarm or immobilizer of any kind or a turbo timer they could be playing up and not making the ignition circuit after breaking it? check to see if you have fuel and spark. Have you checked over the wiring for the ignition system, loose wires especial earths, blown the ignition fuse, 4th one from the front of car in engine bay fuse box 10AMP,

Reaction score
Country
ok weird **** is happening.. i left the car overnight at the petrol station and just went before turned on first try it turned on bought it back at home. i turned off went to turn back on in garage if it work first try worked turned it off again to turn on didnt work.. :furious:

spoonman: i do have alarm and turbo timer ive tried it both on and off last night it didnt work. what you mean fuel and spark? i went over the plugs, loosen them and see if moisture and reconnected but didnt work last night.. hmm cant find the 10 amp fuse?

2fast4u: yes i filled with 98 haha..

aussie: yeah covered that the alternator the air filter and thats about it.
is no moisture in fuse box but heaps of dust.

ok after a hour of disconnecting and reconnecting everything i made it turn on again :) it seems to work with the turbo timer off and without alarm on. turned it off and on about 5 times like this. im scared to take it anywhere now incase i end up stuck again haha :wack: guess its back to the workshop soon..
appreciate all the help fellaz its good for now :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
i would say its something in the ignition path wire, put a bypass on your alarm or turbo timer for awhile and see if it happens again, or just get a new turbo timer as they are cheap as, it may just be a melted or bugger relay in the timer or something simple like that.

rule when problem solving on a modified car: remove the mod you just did or some of the mods to see if they are the cause of the issue
7 / 10 times they normally are, poorly installed mods are a disaster waiting to happen, first thing i do after buying a car to build up, is to go through and remove all the half arse things that have been done to it or re do them.
Once i got my current S15 home i discovered the left engine mount nut was missing................. what the hell..

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
lol. Phil, that is like mentioning the name of the person that shant be named!

Reaction score
Country
spoonman: the turbo timer was already installed.. i turned it off completely it seem to work for now but im not 100% if its that or the alarm but i dont want try.

aussie: i dont know what its called lol

so my cars been reliable for starting up.
now when i turn it on it wierdly idles at 2k rpm then eventually drops to about 1k rpm after a good 3-4 mins
im having real bad luck ay i got a video i dunno how to post. :annoyed:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
that idle thing is most probably your nistune ECU's idle settings, as its much better to idle 1500 - 2000 when cold to warm up your car quicker and then sit at 1000 when hot.......... power FC and link both do it from the factory settings they come with.

spoonman: the turbo timer was already installed.. i turned it off completely it seem to work for now but im not 100% if its that or the alarm but i dont want try.

aussie: i dont know what its called lol

so my cars been reliable for starting up.
now when i turn it on it wierdly idles at 2k rpm then eventually drops to about 1k rpm after a good 3-4 mins
im having real bad luck ay i got a video i dunno how to post. :annoyed:

Reaction score
Sounds like you are having problems with the cold start on the throttle body. Try winding the screw in on the TB to cut back the start up idle RPM

Last edited: