What's new

dyno results - not happy?

Reaction score
Country
hi all

got my dyno tune today am not happy with results.. unless was real 'unhappy dyno' ????? :annoyed:

my mods follows..

nistune ecu
auto bahn 88 fmic
3 inch turbo back exhaust
pod filter
z32 afm
740 cc nismo injectors
hks evc-s ebc
walbro fuel pump
tomei type s fpr
colder spark plugs

cars engines done 102 xxx i should add
set as 12 psi and 17 psi
my thoughts are it shoulda made easy 200rkw on 14-15 psi but 17? and under 180..?
tuner said clutch will go if pushed further then 17
made 178rkw/238hp
dyno graph below
thoughts?

http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u392/sr20det1/?action=view&current=photo.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
No wonder its only 178kw its run out of power at 5,500rpm. I just had mine dyno tuned and it's still pulling at 7,200. I do have a bit more work done then yours but are running a similar fuel setup. That's an ugly power curve

Reaction score
Country
it is ugly.. he let go a bit he said at 4500 rpm cause he said if i pushed it the clutch would of went?
can you upload yours so i can compare please?
how do other ppl crack 200rkw at 14 psi :S with similar mods.. my mate had just full exhaust pod and 14 psi he made 180rkw..... :no:
without a ecu also.. doesnt make sense?

Reaction score
Country
Forgive me if im being dumb here but why would the clutch go anyway?

I thought most tuners do straight power runs in one gear (3rd or 5th normaly), no changing gear...why would the clutch go? He shouldnt be putting strain on the clutch if he does it properly..

Reaction score
Country
Forgive me if im being dumb here but why would the clutch go anyway?

I thought most tuners do straight power runs in one gear (3rd or 5th normaly), no changing gear...why would the clutch go? He shouldnt be putting strain on the clutch if he does it properly..
i have no idea ay

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If the clutch is going to slip, it's more likely to do so at lower rpm as there's effectively more torque going through the clutch at that point. I can't see your graph because it won't load on my phone.

If, for example, you have a totally flat torque line, there would be twice as much actual torque going through the clutch at 2000rpm as there would be at 4000rpm, even though the torque being produced by the engine is the same.

Reaction score
Country
If the clutch is going to slip, it's more likely to do so at lower rpm as there's effectively more torque going through the clutch at that point. I can't see your graph because it won't load on my phone.

If, for example, you have a totally flat torque line, there would be twice as much actual torque going through the clutch at 2000rpm as there would be at 4000rpm, even though the torque being produced by the engine is the same.
i dont know.. somethings wrong with my car or the tune. you need see graph theres like loop at 4500 where he said he let off cause clutch was slipping i really dont know..
am gutted atm.. car pulls nice still but it must cause it was stock and of course itll feel diff but power figure doesnt satisfy me specially when people have less mods and runnning less psi then me and on top gaining more power... i have to put it on another dyno and see.. its killing me.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Get it remapped or retuned as you guys say, as there's no point putting it on a dyno without changing anything! Something's obviously ducked!

Reaction score
Country
Get it remapped or retuned as you guys say, as there's no point putting it on a dyno without changing anything! Something's obviously ducked!
went back to the tuner.. today he explained to me that my power was average and its normal for what mods i have.. he said a good healthy engine would get around 195 max on my mods i had.. anyone else agree?

he explained exhaust leak could have lil affect on it.. and for me to upgrade the clutch also.

My next step is to throw in a 2871r and tomei pon cams..

anyone have similar set up?
if you could upload your dyno results would be appreciated :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Im not good with kw or psi but with your mods I would have thought your looking at very close if not slightly over 300bhp at 1-1.2bar

Reaction score
Country
went back to the tuner.. today he explained to me that my power was average and its normal for what mods i have.. he said a good healthy engine would get around 195 max on my mods i had.. anyone else agree?

he explained exhaust leak could have lil affect on it.. and for me to upgrade the clutch also.

here in NZ the tried and tested SR setup of 98oct, T28BB, 550s or 740s, Z32MAF, ECU, FMIC, Filter, 3" turbo back normally gets 210 - 220rwkw, chuck a 2871 with cams and you should see 250 - 270rwkw or ask AUS15

my car makes 186rwkw on the stock ECU and injectors, only making 178 with the extras you have got is really sad what was the air temp on the day? and just get a better clutch anyway, you will mash the stock one very quick with your current set up

Reaction score

This is my sheet from Wednesday, I asked for a safe tune as I track the car and would rather have a measure of engine safety rather then ring it's neck to get a dyno queen result. BTW the car drives fantastic and pulls hard to the rev limiter.

It was also a warm day on the day of the tune

Reaction score
Country
nice graph... aussie.

spoonman: was pretty hot day. i know am pretty upset on the results... i just dont know what to do now

anyway.. ive given up completely on my car. went to put petrol before filled up came to start it wont start..
it turns over but no start... once i get it going car will be going up for sale over it! :censored:

Last edited: