What's new

Nismo Coppermix Clutch

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,

I've just got my nismo single plate coppermix clutch put in last month together with nismo big operating cylinder and nismo braided clutch line

Normal driving is ok however on high revs, it's harder to get into gear

Mechanic reckons the nismo big operating cylinder causes disengaging issue with the coppermix

Personally i've never heard of it but there is couple of threads on SAU but they are talking about using it with the nismo twin coppermix clutch

Anyone running it both the with no issues?

Might try rebleed and see if it helps

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Sounds odd to me! Why would a heavy duty slave cylinder cause disengaging issues?! It should help it disengage. The only thing that could be wrong is its very slightly too short, your syncros in your box are knackered (did you change to a different gearbox oil when you changed your clutch?). Or as you say it might need a re-bleed. Unlikely but you never know!

Reaction score
Have you removed all that excessive clutch hydraulic line thats attached to the chassis rail. If you shorten it you will get better pedal feel.

Reaction score
im gonna be a ecco and repeat what everyone is saying
DON'T USE NISMO BIG OPERATING CYLINDER ON SINGLE PLATE!!!!!!! lol
big no no you need more stroke for the single plate. leave the OEM slave in.
IF anything get he nismo clutch pedal bracket if ya in a hot climate. i bent mine a few years ago with this clutch.

Reaction score
Country
Auss15: Not too sure on that but it's not the pedal feel, it's the slave not disengaging the clutch properly, ok on normal revs but just on high revs gears are hard to get in

Ironside: Yeah learned it the hard way, didnt think there would be an issue, will be swapping back to stock one which i kept luckily

Reaction score
Country
I have a nismo slave cylinder and copper mix clutch working fine but was on the car when I bought it so probably won't be much help! :(