What's new

Waxoyling Recommendation

M

Meddy

Folks, I realise this wont be that much help to many of you as your all over the country/world, but Id like to pass on a recommendation for a waxoyling place I used at the weekend on my 14a, so that I make sure it stays as clean as it is at the moment. The company is called the wax works have a look at www.thewaxworks.net .They charged me ?290 to do the undeside and all the cavities of my car which I think is very reasonable, considering it took two of them 7 hours to complete. I wish Id had it done to my S15 now, but hey ho thats up to Dammsy to sort now. Anyway their main base is in Morpeth near Newcastle, but they also have a place in Barnsley where they will come to by appointment.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Meddy said:
Folks, I realise this wont be that much help to many of you as your all over the country/world, but Id like to pass on a recommendation for a waxoyling place I used at the weekend on my 14a, so that I make sure it stays as clean as it is at the moment. The company is called the wax works have a look at www.thewaxworks.net .They charged me ?290 to do the undeside and all the cavities of my car which I think is very reasonable, considering it took two of them 7 hours to complete. I wish Id had it done to my S15 now, but hey ho thats up to Dammsy to sort now. Anyway their main base is in Morpeth near Newcastle, but they also have a place in Barnsley where they will come to by appointment.
Is that only cleaning or is it with rust-preventing stuff too?

We need pics of your new S14a by the way :wave:

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
Don't suppose they have any recommendations down this way?
Sorry no. There is a place in London called Rust Master or something like that, but they charge ludicrous amounts. Something like ?600 I think.

Yakozan its a full clean of the underside then they waxoyl it which is full of lovely rust inhibiting gubbins. :nod: Mayor thing on our cars I think are the sills and the rear wheel arches which from what I have seen are real problem areas.

I'll sort some pics of the 14a when its been to get its bumper resprayed next week.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just found a local car restorer who will do a full steam clean, tidy up and waxoyl for ?200-250 :thumbs: Asked if I wanted any of the box sections drilled and waxed, so I have a good feeling about them. :)

M

Meddy

Yep worth getting done, Sounds like you'll be ok with him. Just best to avoid the cowboys in your average garage as they will end up blocking all the drain holes and causing more harm than good. Just make sure he pops your internal trim and does the back arches. :nod:

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
I'll whip the rear seat out and loosen the trim beforehand :nod: Probably take the arch liners off too.
You can saves him the hassle, or the risk of him busting anything. Guess the trickiest job for them is dismatling the door trims to get at them.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its a local classic car restorer.

My advice is to look for the same sort of thing in your area, then give then a call to see if they do Waxoyl sealing. If they are a proper restorer, they almost certainly should. All classics need Waxoyl treatment.

M

Meddy

Dazz0i said:
cheers buddy... i'll dig out the lellow pages.... :)
Please be carefull dont just pull these names from the phone book as theres a lot of cowboys out there. If it was me Id use someone on recommendation as a bad job is worse than no job at all in the case of waxoyl. If they end up blocking all your drain holes the water will just sit in the cavities and rot will set in quickly. When I had my classic mini I saw this a lot. I know a decent classic restorer near witney oxfordshire for you boys in that region. :nod:

R

robf

lol I used to go with a girl from Whitney and lived in Stanton Harcourt for a while.
Yep it's the right time to get some anti corrosion in those obscure places.When i see some photos off the S13 /S14 on SXOC it hurts seeing the damage done. :nod: [/quote]

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
Meddy said:
I know a decent classic restorer near witney oxfordshire for you boys in that region. :nod:
Lol. I used to live in Witney...
I used to live in Charlbury north of Witney. :nod:

The guy Im thinking of was actually based on a work colleagues farm near Stanton Harcourt.

I just need to check he's still in business as it was seven years ago he did the spraying on my mini.