What's new

Worth upgrading radiator?

Reaction score
Country
So I been thinking in mornings car feels nice and responsive. driving back from work feels like 100bhp less so sluggish my point is keeping everything cool as possibl. I have thought maybe upgrading the stock radiator? I have a fmic and basic performance upgrades etc.
Anypne upgraded from stock ? Notice big diff worth it? Advice please

Reaction score
Country
if your car feel sluggish that will be because of heat soak on your intercooler making the O2 much less dense, once you are moving at say 100kph for about 30 sec the power will return as the intercooler is now able to do its job as its just below air temp.
The stock rad and fan setup will keep the engine cool enough even with a FMIC bleeding heat, but a much better rad and grunty fan setup is always better.
I have a alloy rad with a twin fan setup off a falcon controlled by a electric temp sensor that i adjust to specify when the fans come on, works very well

Reaction score
The stock radiator is very good, and unless you are going to be doing track or drift events, it will be more then satisfactory for your set up. If you are concerned just put in a Nismo thermostat.

I run a Greddy/Trust alloy radiator but only because I track the car.

Reaction score
Country
hmm been susing out that aussie. thanks from both of you. I think i will just put in a thermostat for now and see how it goes.