What's new

Exhaust fitting question.

Reaction score
Country
Nice one Shane. Picked one of these sets up at halfords today worked a treat. Can't believe how easily it came out.
Just waiting for the replacement bits to turn up and it can all go back together.

Reaction score
Country
Got the manifold and turbo elbow and bits losely in place this evening. The end seems to be in sight. I could quite appily not do this again for a while seems like such a faff. That said I know what I'd differently to save alot of hassle.
Got all day tomorrow to finish it. Be soo good to drive her again. Feels like ages.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha I been there mate but is worth it plus is sooo much easier if you have to do it again as the nuts come off easier and you know the right way to do it! Can have mine off and on in an hour now lol

Reaction score
Country
Finally got round to finish fitting thr exhaust to day. I haven't driven the car more than a few feet.
A few concerns. I filled the rad with coolant and expected some more coolant to be pulled through after a while but it didn't happen.
Is it usual for the manifold to smoke after fitting? From a google search it looks like it could be grease residue burning off. Just so hopeful that I don't have a leak somewhere. Whats the easiest way to know if the manifold or a gasket is leaking after fitting?

Coolant and oil lines look fine but I'll check for leaks tomorrow.

Reaction score
Country
Did you take the 10 mm bleed nut out then run it up till it was flowing out of it?

yeah the manifold smoking is normal mate, you would hear the manifold blowing,
check the bolts for the manifold after a while

Reaction score
Country
I guess thats what I missed then. I assume it isn't the same one used to drain the radiator? I had it running for about 30-40 mins and nothing really happend. Fan/s kicked in though after a while.

I haven't heard the ticking noise I've heard before on a leaking manifold/gasket will keep an eye on it though and tighten as needed.

Hoping to take her out for a little drive tonight see what she sounds like now.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
No the bleed screw is above where the water line for the turbo is , fill it until there is a smooth flow of water coming from it ;)

Reaction score
Country
So that is what that one was for. All done. The car had emptied the expansion tank so I topped that up a bit maybe a lil too much still below the max mark though.
Very little burning off the manifold today just some of the coolant that squirted out.

Just need to finish plumming in the gizzmo. I'm hoping this is why I am not getting any boost at the min.