What's new

Blitz Downpipe/Frontpipe

Reaction score
Country
Before remaping at the end of the month i want to upgrade my turbo elbow and downpipe.

a tomei elbow from frsport is coming in at a reasonable price, but a downpipe being much larger is ridiculous when it comes to postage.

However I have found a blitz downpipe on ebay in the uk .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLITZ-FRO..._SM&hash=item460253359c&_uhb=1#ht_1974wt_1271

has any one used this? what is the ground clearance like? in my experience blitz products are always pretty damn well made. only thing i'm not sure about is that is looks like its designed with a 2.5" collector, increasing to 3". i would of thought a true 3" would be best?

looking at the tomei elbow though, it looks to have a 2.5" outlet, meaning this will match nicely?

http://www.frsport.com/Tomei-193060-Exhaust-Turbo-Elbow-Outlet-Pipe-SR20DET_p_1370.html

no specs on the website so can anyone confirm?

Reaction score
The Tomei elbow is 3" where it bolts to your front pipe so you will need a 3 " Blitz pipe to fit it. The Ebay add say's you can get either 2.5" or 3" Fitment should be pretty good I imagine as it's Blitz.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Blitz is definitely 3" as I have one.
Clearance isn't amazing as some super low ones, but my car is pretty low and it doesn't scrape.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Actually it might be slightly reduced, this is the only picture I have of it as its fitted now:

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Just the standard one at the moment, which I want to replace before I get it mapped.

Reaction score
Country
Try finding a Trust downpipe. It's the best bang for your bucks and it's a true 3".

If you're going super low I'd look into getting a PBM Cobra flex pipe (but you already bought the elbow so I see this as a tough sell). Anything else will scrape a bit...

Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
Yeah Im hovering over the buy it now lol. I may look into port matching it to the tomei elbow, which is 73.2mm. The blitz is 70mm opening up to 80mm. Won't take much work to port match it