What's new

Help! Another problem! Car won't start :-(

Reaction score
Country
Right my s15 will no longer start for some reason?

Its been having a few problems lately. We thought it was a fuel/ignitionn problem. Fuel pump, coilpacks, fuel filter and spark plugs have been changed.

The car was running great for about an hour then all of sudden it wouldn't idle and kept stalling . When I finally got it start it kept wanting to die and not run at all. Now it won't start at all....

When the ignition is on the idle control valve seems to make a buzzing noise which I'm guessing isn't good?
Also when I broke down I started checking the obvious like boost pipes etc.... Then I came across this, but I can't work out what it is? It's full of **** though, got like a slimy white paste over it and round the connections which I know isn't good. Here is a pick?

Any idea of what this is and what else I can check?

I need a miracle as I'm ment to be taking my car to trax on Sunday :-(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
have you cleaned the maf?? other thing it could be is o2 sensor try unplugging it and seeing how it runs.
i ran mine with it unplugged for a few weeks while i was waiting for my new one. overfuels a bit but mine did the same as yours and when i unplugged it it ran ok

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah that's how it all starts ha ha
make sure you cable tie the connector well out the way! Dont want it melting!!!
Glad its sorted it will just run a bit rich ;)

Reaction score
Country
glad you got to the bottom of the problem. i hate faults like that, took me ages to find out i had a broken wire to my knock sensor.

as for getting a new o2 sensor, i bought a brand new bosch unit for £80 from my local motor factors.
and i picked up this at the same time which made removal of the old one and fitting of the new one unbelievable easy in situ.