What's new

white smoke ..?

Reaction score
Country
Ok I have heaps of white smoke pouring out my exhaust after long like 2hr ish drives boosting alot. It never happens normally only when i'm driving for a long time. It happens when i stop and its idling but fine when i start driving now i don't think and would be really surprised if its the head gasket because that got replace not long ago. Or dealt its the turbo because its only 10,000kms old brand new. my thoughts was it was just getting really hot but doesn't really seem to right. What could it be? ps. its a +t cracked piston or something? i duno its got no lack in performance though.

Reaction score
Country
Well your definitely loosing water if it’s white smoke!

Have you checked the levels in the reservoir? Don’t want it going down to low...

Im gonna go with HG

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Is it thick white smoke or misty white smoke? Turbo seals cause a dense whiteish smoke cloud and occur more when on idle. But also Check you water level aswell! Either way it's not good!

Reaction score
Country
you will be cooking your turbo oil seals, whats the turbo a good quality one like a garrett?? if its something like a DSR or some other cheap chinese knock off dont be surprised as they only seam to last about 6months to a year.
Remember you are running a +t so some extreme heat will be coming out your exhaust ports. Also have you in anyway blocked off your engines breathers?? like blowby breathers in your rocker cover, and have you overfilled your engine oil, which would cause excessive oil pressure, forcing it out through your turbo seals like after a long hard run?

Reaction score
Country
yea i just put a breather on the rocker cover, i don't think the turbo is a garret can't really see what it is. engine oil is exactly high. Another thing that might there has been a burning oil smell all the time.

Reaction score
Country
breathers are all good, just dont block them off, and if you can smell oil burning all the time then year, turbo oil seal, new turbo time............

Reaction score
I know the smell, I saw the smoke, I got a new turbo.........then I had to upgrade the gearbox, injectors and retune. Oh well, it's only money

Reaction score
Country
far out! does not sound good! so much money im mad. im so poor atm. so what do you reckon i do wait till the turbo completely goes or do it asap. i might as well get a det with all the money im going to spend. -.- so mad