What's new

HKS Re-circ SSQV

M

Meddy

Folks just a heads up for the UK folks really. I know a lot of you are of the same opinion as me and find the running problems associated with vent to atmos dv's a PITA. So I thought Id tell you that if you buy a HKS DV from Apex with their fitting kit (?189) plus a recirc adaptor (?12 from memory) then you can get rid of the OEM valve and have the HKS one its its place and utilise the factory recirc pipework, minus the hard plastic pipe from the rad top intake pipe to dunp valve. I used it when fitting my Greddy FMIC and it lines up fine with this setup as well. :thumbs:

M

Meddy

sushiming said:
got any pics??
I should have thought while I was doing it. :rolleyes: I'll grab some tomorrow as thanks to the clocks going back its dark allready. :(

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
Similar setup, but with custom piping.

There is no BOV noise, only pigeon.
Similar just think its alot neater using the OEM piping than having the spring loaded can of worms look. :D Also probably a lot cheaper than all that expensive Samco youve got now too. :p I do get BOV noise though. Its pretty discrete an I doubt its audible outside the car, but I do seem to get an odd squeaking noise when the recirc goes and echoes around the front mount.

Illl sort some pics tomorrow. :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Custom piping is the only option when you fit a Z32 AFM :nod: (unless you take a mortgage out to get the Super Suction A'PEXi filter).

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
Custom piping is the only option when you fit a Z32 AFM :nod: (unless you take a mortgage out to get the Super Suction A'PEXi filter).
Not really for quite a while I used the elephants trunk with my Z32 without problems until I got hold of the Blitz hard pipe kit. Not as pretty I agree though.