What's new

Brakes

S

s15_is_sx

Do r33gtst callipers fit under stock s15 rims. I think i have read they do on ns.com but I searched yesterday and could not confirm. Don't want to waste money buying them to find they don't fit.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I would spend my money on bigger brake discs for the front and try to move the front ones to the back.
If that's do-able.

Greenline.jp has a good price for a pair of 310mm upgrade discs for the front.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
If I was to get bigger brakes discs for the front.
Could I move the stock front ones to the back without any hassle?
Do I have to get an adapter? In that case, where from?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
kenji said:
Just get better brake pads or something, project mu, endless etc.
I will get steel braided brake hoses, new motul brake oil and Ferodo DS2500 pads.

That will have to do until I can afford some new 310mm brake discs :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I bought 310mm discs, braided hoses, uprated fluid (cant remember make :eek: ) & Ferodo DC2500's, brakes work a treat now :nod: :thumbs:

Heres a pic of the brakes and Standard calipers

K

kieran

i must say i have done a couple of track days now one with the same kit as topper but with mintex pads and one with the ferrado's and the kit is the tits with the ferrados and utter poo witht the mintex, i cant say that i would need bigger calipers other than for show, i would out brake most of the cars on the track that day and that included porshe, civics (with 6 pots) westfields, honda s2000 etc....

its a nice kit :thumbs:

S

s15_is_sx

Obviously I plan to get bigger disks as well. The r33 gtst is a straight bolt on. The s15 calippers are made of iron and are very heavy (something like 6 kilos) the r33 gtst are made of alloy so there is a significant advantage due to the reduction in unsprung weight. Also the r33gtst is 296mm compared to 280mm. I almost certain the r34 gtt 310mm definately cant fit behind the stock rims (wish they could) but I think the r33gtst can, just not 100% sure so I wanted to check first before I bought it.

I plan to get ferodo DS2500 pads and slotted rotars. I wanted project mu SCR pro but they don't make them for the r33 gtst callipers unfortunately so I am undecided on rotars. I'm thinking either DBA 5000 of project mu SCR but am interested in other options something equivatlent to the project mu SCR pro would be good ???

Anyway thanks for all the replies but I would greatly appreciate if someone new the answer to my original question and other comments are of cource appreciated.

S

S15R

i'm planning to ask bigger disks for the front, but do i need to get the mounting kit as well from somewhere?

S

s15_is_sx

^^^ Yer I know but they are 280mm so would prefer the r33gtst ones if they fit.

P

Purpleline

go get a set fm R34 GTT..its 310. GTST is 296 ;) . If u got a pr fm skyline...u could probably further upgrade to mac 330 w/ offset kit ;) .....like this :D