What's new

Decat and Elbow

Reaction score
Country
I'm getting my gt2871r turbo/ manifold / 3 inch downpipe etc, the only two bits I can't get from the supplier is the turbo elbow and the decat pipe.

Has anyone brought any of these from ebay as they seem cheap? For the decat, I've looked at this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-SI..._CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab230026a#ht_500wt_665

As for the elbow, is there any gain to getting a new one, or will the stock one be perfectly fine?

Reaction score
Decats aren't expensive, they are just a straight through pipe with flanges welded at each end. That one looks pretty good.

As for Elbow (dump pipe) the stock one wil be completely inadequate for that set up and being smaller, 2" I think, wont fit your 3" down pipe. Buy something decent as I have seen plenty of cheap one's crack around the pipe/flange welds. Have a look at the quality of the Tomei units for example.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Country
Hmm what would you recommend for a cheaper option, they all come with warranty, but obviously I'm not gonna want to use it, the circuit sports one I've not heard any bad things about, as its branded rather than an unbranded ebay item then I figure that and the ebay downpipe should be okay

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Apex may still have a discounted elbow/downpipe/mani deal on sxoc.
Instead of getting a decat I got a sports cat. Ended up being the same price as I got a used skyline one. Just make sure it is 315mm. Keep an eye out on sklineownersclub and maybe sxoc.

Reaction score
Country
I've already got the turbo, manifold, 3 inch down pipe on the way, the decat pipe I've ordered now, It's only the turbo elbow I need to decide on now.

Circuit Sports looks the best for the price.
Greddy too expensive
Tomei looks good and pay for the quality.
Megan I've heard crap things about.
Ebay ones I wouldnt waste my time on with the amount of work needing to replace if it cracked in a month.

Reaction score
Hmm what would you recommend for a cheaper option, they all come with warranty, but obviously I'm not gonna want to use it, the circuit sports one I've not heard any bad things about, as its branded rather than an unbranded ebay item then I figure that and the ebay downpipe should be okay
You get these over there don't you? they are well made and the right guage of stainless steel and well priced.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayI...6630&item=110926154000&lgeo=1&vectorid=229515

Reaction score
Country
Yeah we have them, I'll look at them in the future I've brought a japspeed one as I got recommended it by a mate :) so everything nearly sorted for my setup now