Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Is it safe to remove?

You had some boost problems Nicely. Was it because of the carbon canister :confused:
I don't know where else to fit my catch tank, so I wonder if it's safe to remove.

F

FLY 200

CARBON CANISTER

I know in the olden days of the v8 monaro dinosaur it was the first thing we use to junk in an engine rebuild second was the pollution gear, i know it never caused a problem then unless the modern cars are different. obviously defectable though!!!!!. :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've still got the boost problem. However, reconnecting the carbon canister stablized it slightly.

I am wondering whether it is because I blocked the boost hose BEFORE the little valve attached to the end of the radiator (JDM only). Might be worth blocking it on the plenum side and take it out of the loop.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
I've still got the boost problem. However, reconnecting the carbon canister stablized it slightly.

I am wondering whether it is because I blocked the boost hose BEFORE the little valve attached to the end of the radiator (JDM only). Might be worth blocking it on the plenum side and take it out of the loop.
Does the S14/a have that valve inside the carbon canister?
And by blocking the hoses to the S14 canister the valve get blocked to?

Will have to try that solution later when the temperature starts to rise :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Nicely, did you not block the pipe after it came from the misterious connection on the left and side of the rad??

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper said:
Nicely said:
Nicely, did you not block the pipe after it came from the misterious connection on the left and side of the rad??
Depends on which way you start from :p :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes to the S14/a CC question.

I blocked the pipe on the CC side of the valve. I'm querying blocking it on the plenum side instead.