What's new

S15 Front Wheel Bearings

Reaction score
Country
bWell i went to fit my K-Sport front Brakes yesterday, i turned the hub by hand and found it quite hard to rotate. i put the wheel back on and rotated it at speed, and there was definitely a 'knackered wheel bearing noise'. although, in normal driving i have never once suspected it.

Looking online, there seems to be some confusion of whether you change the hub unit with the bearing or get the bearing pressed out/new one pressed in.

some reports say they could not get a hold of the bearing on its own?

has anyone recently done this job? i'd like to get it all done together rather than fitting the brakes, then having to dismantle once again to do the bearings.

part numbers would be great too :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You definitely can't replace the bearings in the front as part of the outer race is the hub itself, you have to chance the entire assembly. This is factual, not the usual forum roumers. I've had one apart and done it myself.

Now the fun part, the price... If you go to Nissan requesting a pair, don't expect much change from £1k..

Camskill are about the cheapest you'll find.

Good luck!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
All of what Craig said above is true! Unfortunately!

The only other option is a second hand unit off an s14/14a. That's what I did, and it's been ok so far. I changed the abs ring over as it looked different but the S14 one would have worked.

Reaction score
Country
Factual Stuff, what i like!

The price, i don't like.....thats insane. i'll start shopping around :down:

(& Craig, did you get my pm about having that filter - Drop me a pm!)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Oh crap, I totally forgot about that! PM inbound!

Reaction score
Country
All of what Craig said above is true! Unfortunately!

The only other option is a second hand unit off an s14/14a. That's what I did, and it's been ok so far. I changed the abs ring over as it looked different but the S14 one would have worked.
Thanks for that Sam, that does sound like a better option to be honest. i'll price both options up and make my decision then.

T

thatsme59

hi mate try someone who sells bearings . got mine for $151.00 each . sicker on the box . part name brg assy rr hub unit . ntn no.HUB207-6 ntn corporation OKAYAMA Works

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
We need pictures of what you got mate? Did you get new ball bearings and inner race?

As the outer race is part of the hub!

More info and pics would be great as we need a cheaper long term solution for this.

And are you sure it wasn't rear??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Camskill do rear ones only? front ones from nissan are silly money, s14 is the way to go realistically

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The rear ones are replacable - they bolt on, hence loads cheaper..

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Well that's a good start! Have you fitted one yet? Can you put an ABS ring on it?

How much and which website did you get it from. If its correct it would be worth getting the chap to post up on here with his details.

T

thatsme59

been on the car two years. ABS ring works asfor price reread post#7 this thread when you
get to $ numbers after will tell you the price:nod: au dollors. local bearing shop sorry no website

Last edited:
Reaction score
simplybearings.co.uk

Just been trawling their site and it would seem that if you can get the old bearing out of the hub tidily and measure it they will be able to match it up for you. Having looked at the pics thatsme59 posted up it doesn't look any different to any other pressed bearing I've ever seen so shouldn't be any more difficult to replace....hopefully ;)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I'm afraid haz that the bearing outer race is part of the hub! I.e you can't put another bearing into the hub. Once the bearing fails the whole hub is scrap.
Heres some pics of the internal bit of the hub. With all of the bearing removed.

That heplful Australian above obviously has a bearing that will fit but it isn't available by any uk distributor. So I was hoping he could point us to him so we could get bearings in a hub for 150 dollars which is about £90. But he doesn't seem able to help.

Reaction score
Country
Well im really confused then... I have Driftworks Geomaster knuckles and ive pressed the whole bearing and race out of those. I still need 2 new ones though after i found out the bearings i ordered didnt fit....

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
James do your hubs look like the pic above. With the smooth ball bearing grooves? Or have you managed to get that bit out? Leaving you with a perfectly cylindrical inner part of the hub?

I don't know any other way to fix it.

If you speak nicely to the aussy guy above he could sort you out with those new bearings he got from his local bearing guy!!

Reaction score
Country
I honestly cant remember. Im going to ask Driftworks where i can get them, such a dumb ass for not thinking of that before!!!

Reaction score
If the outer race of the bearing is attached to the hub would it still be cheaper to take the hub to a machine shop, have it machined flush, and then fit a 'normal' bearing in it's place???
Judgeing by what ni$$an want to charge you for a complete hub this has to be the way forward!! ;)