What's new

S15 Front Wheel Bearings

T

thatsme59

pics are of new front wheel hub, YOU CANOT PUT NEW BEARINGS IN OLD HUBS, NTN bearings Corporation make the hub for nissan .try ringing around bearing shops in UK who sell NTN bearingins, it what i did here in au, if that dont work send email to regsunstatebearings@bigpond.com.au said thay would send to UK

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Now that sounds more promising! Cheers thatsme!

I was thinking of having that done too haz, just gotta get the hubs machined out, then find a bearing with the exact measurements of the inner area where the stub axle sits and then what ever the machined out outer area would be. Only thing is that you would need a circlip groove machined in too.

But in theory it would mean you could just press in a new bearing every time.

But I think thatsme has prob solved the answer for cheaper hubs! Have you any pics of the box they came in as I googled the part number you gave and I can't find any good pages for them.

Reaction score
Just looked at the ad again, the pic is of rear bearings, the item specifics show fitment as rear left/right but the description clearly states the item is for front bearings...... odd

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
So I recently found some new front wheel bearings for a ridiculously cheap price. They are from Australia with Japan NTN bearings and full hub, minus studs and abs ring. The cost before postage was £60 each. I went with an expensive 3 day tracked postage option making them close to £95 each. But they are available with cheaper postage.

Anyway they turned up and gotta say an absolute bargain. Compared to genuine nissan price of £380 or blue print £350. So I thought I'd share the info.

So you need to reuse your old studs (or but new extended ones) and abs ring but that's not too bad if you can get hold of a press and puller.

Anyway links and pics. Link= http://bit.ly/1iq5fCU

Reaction score
Country
That's awesome Sam, especially good if you plan on running extended studs.

I ended up purchasing a pair of genuine hub's from frsport.

http://www.frsport.com/FRSPORT-1170-Nissan-OEM-Front-5-Lug-Hub-Assembly---S14-240SX-ABS_p_60061.html

Qty.Part #DescriptionSubtotal
11170FRSPORT 1170 Nissan OEM Front 5-Lug Hub Assembly - S14 240SX ABS$299.95

Item subtotal:$299.95
Shipping cost:$118.02
Order Total:$417.97

That translated to £249.03 delivered for the pair. IIRC i got stung for £30 import duty, but still i was happy at that price after getting crazy quotes in the UK.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah that's what I was going to do Dave, but I saw these on eBay and thought I'd see if they ship to uk. And they were really helpful.
And if your in the Southern Hemisphere it will be even cheaper!

Reaction score
Now that's a great deal, and what even makes it better is it about 30min from my place. I don't need them yet but at that price I will get another set. Track Days cause them to wear quicker..Thanks for the link Sam...

Reaction score
Country
Now that's a great deal, and what even makes it better is it about 30min from my place. I don't need them yet but at that price I will get another set. Track Days cause them to wear quicker..Thanks for the link Sam...
i might get you to get me some for the 180 while you are there, front bearings are still all good but.... to have some sitting there waiting to go would be mint