What's new

S-tunes : Red&Silver vs Yellow&Blue

Reaction score
Hi all, I've purchased second hand Red&Silver S-Tunes springs and dampers to replace leaking Yellow&Blue which I had on from import. They both say "S-Tune" and reportedly from S15 and from looking previous I thought they were just a newer/older model...However... come to fit them and the Red&Silver are ~30-40mm taller than the Yellow&Blue on the rear of my S15....

So we looked at swapping the springs but the damper pistons on the Silver units are longer than those on the Blue ones and hence its not a great idea as on full droop they may unseat...:down:

Any ideas about Yellow(springs)&Blue(Struts/dampers) vs. Red(springs)&Silver(dampers) differences and why this is the case? :wack::annoyed:

? :)

Reaction score
I've got yellow and blue nismo shocks and springs, but mine do not say S-Tune as mine are just the factory option Nismo suspension.

Could it be that the Red and Silver S-Tunes that you have bought are in fact from an s14?

Reaction score
Country
i've got the red and silver s-tunes and i found them to be the exact height i wanted to, the s14 are a bit taller in the front only iirc, i'll have to confirm it and get you back on this.