What's new

Handling question/advice

A

Anubis

Hey all,

I am looking to upgrade the handling of the 15..... but I have now idea what all these parts do.

Like...

Coilovers
Front Swaybar
Front Strut bar
Rear Swaybar
Rear strutbar
Pineapples

I dont know if crontrol arms are another handling thing... have no idea what they are for.

So can anyone go through the above list as explain what each changes/improve in the handling? like will the front sway bar reduce oversteer and stuff like that.

My goal is to reduce body roll and create a setup that handles really well... no understeer or oversteer

Also... what brands are good?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
to be honest all of them make the car more stable and the steering more resposive thats most of that in a whole really...iam sure someone will back me up and go throw them better than me and more detail if thats what ur after

R

robf

suss

The above + pinapples stiffen up the rear bushes giving better take off (depending how they are mounted) and back end control.
You dont mention tyres? a good set of rubber at the right pressure makes a splendid difference.
Go look at the whiteline site they do a lot of sussp parts / cusco/ & or google coilovers etc.
cheers rob

K

kieran

i have all of the above and i have to say i feel the difference everytime i put another part on, value for money? well, coilovers with a mild spring works best for the road, strut braces are cheap and tighten things up lovely, the sway bays definatly stop the body roll, but by far the cheapest and most satisfiying money i spent on the s15 was for subframe locking collars.........OH MY GOD :eek: its is so tight now, even in the wet it feels more grippy and tbh although people moan of transmition noise when these are fitted on mine its hardly noticable, it is slightly louder but hardly at and mines not a noise car anyway :thumbs:

if you go coilovers your definatly need rear camber arms to bring the camber back into spec :thumbs:

hope this helps

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you want hard and tight :p , get locking collars. If you just want tighter, go for pineapple rings. As mentioned, you will probably get more diff noise transmitted with the collars.

Control arms bring in the camber and toe. This makes sure you are running all of the width of your tyres, not just an edge :wack: The standard control arms struggle to adjust camber and toe when you lower.