What's new

Driveshaft + Half Axle Spec S vs R

Reaction score
Country
I am currently in the process of swapping a RB25 into my Spec S.
Since im going to run aprox 400bhp I was wondering if the Spec S half axles are equal to the Spec R and can handle the power?
I've been trying to find some information about if these are the same or not.

Same with the driveshaft. Im thinking the Spec S driveshaft is thinner then the Spec R.
I've got the front bit which will fit into the RB25 box but I was planning on using the rear end of the Spec S shaft. If this one is thinner then then Spec R Im just going to find a S14 driveshaft and use the end of that instead to be sure.

Do any of you know if there even are differences in these parts?

Reaction score
Country
Measured my Spec S prop and half axles
The prop is 52mm thick
and the half axles are 28mm thick.

Can anyone check their Spec R versions for me?

Reaction score
Ok, the drive shaft is the same diameter 52MM and the half shafts which I assume you mean the ones from the diff are the same 28mm tappering out to 30mm.

In my opinion, from what a few guys have done with RB conversions into their S15 I would go a solid shaft from gear box to diff, do away with the centre bearing.

Reaction score
Country
Yea i've considered that option. but to get one of those props over to holland would cost me around 400 pounds.
I could get the front bit for a nice price so choose to take that road. Just need the find the suitable back part of the prop.

But if this is all the same I'll just use what I got. Hope it holds out ;)