What's new

Hesitation when starting

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, probably an easy fix i hope. But recently fitted a Walbro fuel pump a week ago, but on friday the car cut out when i was just below quarter of a tank put in 30 quid and it started after a few pumps.

Came to the conclusion that i hadn't fitted it on the bracket correctly so was sitting a little high and resulted in it not reaching low level fuel.

So anyways fixed the problem, and it was fine switched of the engine for an hour went to start it and it took a few more clicks of the key to start so was guessing there was air in the line and needed a bit more pumping to get the fuel through. But come today drove it for about 10 mins parked it up for an hour came back out and once again took a few pumps to start it again, now i fitted the fuel pump to the guide on here only downside it didn't sit correctly in the bracket but fitted best i could.

Also one of my coil packs are on there way out as two days before i fitted the fuel pump it sounded like it was running on three cylinders really lumpy and very low idle.

Is it just the coil packs causing this problem or is it something else? also fitted a 300zx fuel filter at the same time as the Walbro.

Reaction score
Country
If one of your coil packs were dodgy or even fully gone then it should still start first time but run on 3 cylinders I would have thought.

It sounds like a fuel pick up problem to me, the best way to determine though is to get someone to help you and one person start it and the other checks if your getting both fuel and spark.

Reaction score
Country
sounds like bad grounding to me, maybe that one coil is getting a bad ground.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
It seems more electrical, but haven't had it happen again maybe air was still in the line.