What's new

Brembo's

Reaction score
Website
powizzle.tumblr.com
Hey guys,

I've come across a front pair of R33 GTR brembo's.

Just wanted to ask, on their own, are the front pair a worthwhile upgrade? Is it necessary for me to upgrade the rear to brembo's as well. Or am I able to use GTST brakes or something similar?

Also.. what's involved in upgrading to the brembo setup?

Reaction score
Iv'e put the 33GTR Brembos on the front of mine and yes they are a great upgrade. You can run 324mm front rotors which really helps with cooling. Since I fitted mine my pad wear has been minumal.They feel really good on the track.

The GTST rears are the popular option for rears but you'll need to modify the handbrake cable and fitting a Z32 BMC. The pedel feel is a bit mushy if you don't upgrade the BMC.

Iv'e left my stock rears, with slotted rotors and good pads they work fine.

Reaction score
You'll have to put new lines on. I got mine from V-Sport, they make them up for the conversion. I got them to make them longer to delete that bit of hard line attached to the guard. If you call them they will know exactly what to do as they have done a few for other NSCC guys.

You will also need longer bolts, new rotors and pads.

For peace of mind I put a new seall kit in the rotors, but thats me....do it once,do it properly

Rear stocks are fine and a lot less to change if you go GTST

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
What is the difference between the R33 GT-R brembo's and the ones that are off the later Evo's? I mean the size of the calipers and equivalent rotors for them? I'm just wondering as they seam to be quite similar price wise.

Reaction score
The biggest down side is they are not a straight fit like the R33 GTR's and require a fair bit of modification work which will elevate the cost. When you try to put Mitsubishi parts on a Nissan it's not going to fit like Nissan to Nissan.

Reaction score
Country
Ah right, I thought you had to get an adaptor bracket made up for the GT-R brakes, but they fit straight on. That's certainly the easier option, then you just need to get custom lines made up.

Reaction score
The Evo Brembo's yes you need an adaptor plate, the 33GTR's are just longer bolts, new lines and rotors

Reaction score
I just bought a set of 370Z brakes (the nissan uprated option package) and will be fitting them soon, they look like massive calipers and the front disc is 350mm:eek: so they should work really well. AFAIK the front calipers are near enough a bolt on (just got to drill the carriers out to 14mm) but the rears are much more work. I'll try to document the process as i think this will become the preferred upgrade as more 370Z parts become available:nod:

Reaction score
Country
I went with the Evo calipers as they are cheaper to source in North America. The setup I bought was complete but I had originally planned to buy components separately. The calipers could be found for $300-600 depending on the condition. Most of the Evo guys will give you the rotors with the sale. If not then it's an extra $250 or so. The conversion lines were $99 and the bracket to make it work for S13-15 was $99-200.

In the end I paid $600 for a complete plug and play setup.

FYI, you can also use STI calipers too :)

Reaction score
Yeah, mock fitted them to a hub the other night to check clearances before having the brackets made up out of 1"x1" alloy....
These pics are with a 18" rim!!!!

:cool::D

Reaction score
Country
No rubbing or clearance trouble then i take it these will be fitted soon .Will look sweet just need to choose a colour:thumbs::D:cool:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
How much did they set you back? I take it they need adapter plates? Do you know what the piston sizes are compared to the standard s15 calipers?

Reaction score
I managed to find a full set off a breaker on ebay so they weren't too expensive (compared to other big brake kits i'd been looking at). I'm in the process of fabbing up adapter plates for the front and rear and obviously the hand bake conversion from a z32. I don't have the calipers with me although i think the piston size is close to 50mm!!! The front and rear discs are also both close to 355mm in diameter also (rears may be 5mm smaller!). The only worry i have about the conversion is the increase in unsprung weight and resulting handling differences. Bit of trial and error i think with suspension setups should sort it....

Reaction score
Got a z32 bmc at the same time as the hand brake conversion stuff, checked the piston diameter today and it looks to be 47mm ;)