What's new

Anyone tell me the name...

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Cars been rough a few days was guessing it was a boost leak but all pipes were fine till i knocked this thing and a pipe just dropped off seems its broke off so glueing it for now but will need to replace it.

But what is it? I'm guessing its something to do with the fuel purge tank?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
No one really knows what it's called....... Well i dont anyway.....But it's a pretty common concenscous that it is useless and worth binning! That's what I did with it, along with the purge canister and piping. Just loop the pipes on the inlet manifold and fuel purge lines!

Then there's space for extra stuff and de clutters the bay.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
So the pipe that goes into the fuel purge canister just link that pipe with the one that comes out of the inlet manifold?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I'll take pics tomo and post them up! Will be easier than trying to explain. But it's basically remove all piping and canister and just loop the open ends together on both the inlet manifold and then on the pipes coming from the fuel tank!

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well just went to refit it and the glue just gave way lol, so basically iv linked the two pipes from inlet manifold and canister and removed the connector. Just been for a drive slight smell but drives fine and pops a lot when rolling in gear.

Will it be safe? Basically done what I'm guessing you have but just left the canister in place

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Best to ditch the whole lot... block off the original plenum pipe that supplied the carbon canister sensor/solenoid (the bit you've circled on your pic above) and then remove the carbon canister completely however ensuring you loop the two hardlines together otherwise fuel vapour will vent into the engine bay :wack:

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers James, passed you the other day in your lexus looks awesome. Need to meet up and get a few pics :thumbs:

Will do that tonight then.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country

^^^Thats the one off the inlet manifold, I just blocked it off with a bolt that was a very tight fit and then a jubilee clip, it's tucked under my BOV so I can't take a pic of it. But just block that pipe off.

^^^ then this is the piping to the purge canister, I just looped the old pipe onto the other fuel vapour hardline and that's it.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers James, passed you the other day in your lexus looks awesome. Need to meet up and get a few pics :thumbs:

Will do that tonight then.
lol I wanna see your 15 dude!! We'll do a double shoot when we get a chance to hook up :D Met up with Edd last night and took some pics of his Civic.

Yep spot on mate - block, loop, ditch!!! :thumbs:

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers SAM, appreticate the pictures. I get what you mean now. :)

I will drop you a message on FB sometime could do with looking over your s14 get a few more ideas ;) what size is your oil cooler? as mine is quite big it wont fit over my intercooler pipe so need a smaller size.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I will drop you a message on FB sometime could do with looking over your s14 get a few more ideas ;) what size is your oil cooler? as mine is quite big it wont fit over my intercooler pipe so need a smaller size.
Yeah no worries... anytime I'm free we can hook up. I know we need to get pics sorted lol :wack:

Can't remember the size but I think it's pretty standard 19 row cooler core size!