What's new

Gearbox & Diff Oil Change - Opinions?

Reaction score
Country
Got a couple of days off towards the end of the week so i plan to do some general maintenance on the S15, starting with a gearbox & diff oil change.

edit:- i should add i do plan on taking it to the nurburgring, and attend a couple of track days in the not so distant future, so that's one of the reasons i want to put 'some of the good stuff" in there.

Now since iv'e been involved in SR's, iv'e always been recommended to use Redline shock proof for the gearbox (never inquired about the diff)

What is regarded as the best to use, what are you guys using?

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
It's certainly not the best because it's not the dearest but I've always used /fuchs boa 90 and the diff has been great...

Reaction score
Country
i should add i do plan on taking it to the nurburgring, and attend a couple of track days in the not so distant future, so that's one of the reasons i want to put 'some of the good stuff' in haha

Reaction score
Country
For anyone thats interested, here is what Tim @ Opie Oils suggested:

"Hi David

Your car would require a 75w-90 for the gearbox and diff and here are the ones we have.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-673-75w-90.aspx

If you want to go for the best, the Millers CRX 75w-90 NT, Gulf Competition, Motul Gear 300, Redline MT90/Lightweight Shockproof and Millers TRX are ideal for the gearbox. The Castrol Universal, Motul Motylgear and Fuchs Gear Syn are all decent alternatives. The Fuchs Syn 5, Motul Gear 300LS, Millers CRX NT LS, Gulf Competition LS and Redline GL5 are ideal for the diff.

Regards

Tim"

Reaction score
I use Motul 75w/140 Gear Comp oil in my Nismo 6 speed and the Motul Gear LSD Type2 in my Nismo GTT Pro 1.5 way diff

Last edited:

subzero

Reaction score
how did you get on with the above dude ?

im thinking of going for the millers 75w90 for the gbox and the ls for the diff (have a 2 way) .