What's new

which front pipe??

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hey guys as some of u know i got a turbo elbow for my birthday presents ba$tards didnt btoher geting me the fooking front pipe aswell so i have to get one of them now :rant: arghh so which one do i need to get as i think the elbow is a S14 one so do i need to get a S14 front pipe or a S15 front pipe??
I know creasey does the front pipe but is that for the S14 or S15??
I have been thinking of the HKS one like kimi has but i wanna know if thats is staneless steel??
I wanna one quick as iam planing on fitting all my parts all at once so dont wana be waiting around too long...
thanks ming :thumbs:

V

Vandal

Mate, the HKS front pipe is stainless steel. They are about A$290 on Nengun. I'm not 100% sure, but I think an s14 front pipe will be too long and you'll end up pushing the whole exhaust back 20mm like I did. There may also be a bell housing clearance issue.

I'd go for the HKS pipe designed for the s15. Its a quality item and you know it will fit perfectly.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
duno on it got printed japspeed....my friend purchased it from driftworks uk and he said it would fit as they dont produce S14A as the jap spec never made them...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The S14 front pipe SHOULD be the same size as the S15 pipe. The Euro S14a front pipe is longer, due to the extra cat. This also means that the Euro S14a elbow/dump pipe is shorter.

HOWEVER, there appears to be a great deal of confusion over this due to people mixing S14 and S15 cats and exhausts :rolleyes:

All I can say for definite is that the S15 HKS front pipe fits like a glove with the S15 Silent Hi Power, 315mm S15 decat and S14 elbow/dump pipe.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
You could also look at the Greddy MX front pipe. It's got bigger diameter compared to the HKS item (80mm vs 75mm) and it's cheaper.

Fits well with S14 elbow and R32GTR de-cat.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Though it is mild steel, not stainless. :)

I think I have found another contributing factor to the elbow/front pipe/decat/exhaust issue. Apparently, the Euro S14a also has a different size cat to the S14...

K

kieran

Yakozan said:
Nicely said:
Could be.
Mine has zero signs of rust on it though.
that becaues you tuck your up at night in that HUUUUGGGGEE garage and its left there never tosee the rain lol :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
kieran said:
Yakozan said:
Nicely said:
Could be.
Mine has zero signs of rust on it though.
that becaues you tuck your up at night in that HUUUUGGGGEE garage and its left there never tosee the rain lol :D
:D
garage just became bigger to :)
Or not actually bigger. Only three cars in it now instead of 4. Huge amount of space. We could easily fit 5 cars in there. But that isn't fun :p

But the car has been my daily driver this summer. The golf has no AC and it's been a record hot summer this year :)
Time for the S15 to get some winter-sleep soon though.