What's new

Clutch advice needed (Spec R)

C

Controll3d

Looks right to me mate, appears they actually do do a s15 flywheel now, before they sold the s14 one as fits an s15 ;) losing dual mass does let more vibration creep through, I've had two single mass flywheels and clutches now and they both do the same but it's not the end of the world considering you won't break them :)
Aah, ok. Did suspect that a bit.

As long as this combo works smoothly otherwise. Bit of vibration wouldn't bother me. :)

Yes, definitely. You have to call them for details/ordering.
Yeh, notice that. Driftworks flywheel is cheaper, tho.

Yeah Driftworks ones look good for the money. What bolts did you have to buy to fit it?
Did order Nissan OEM S13/S14 bolts (12315-52F00). Afaik, those should be right bolts.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I found that accelerating under load was lovely and smooth, everything works great, but if you leave it in gear and let the revs wind down when coming to a stop instead of changing down then you'll pick it up. It's a bit of a compromise but aren't clutch setups always when you're going for more power ;)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Are you sure about the flywheel bolts? I think you'll need S15 ones.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Ah, ok. The Apex one uses original s15 bolts.

Shouk be a nice combination when it's all fitted :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Didn't really have plans for more power, but i guess now i have to... :wack:
In that case just chuck an exedy on the dual mass - it will be fine if you aren't tuning it any more ;)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Let me know how it feels control as I will be changing my clutch one say soon. And I'm looking for a decent flywheel. Was going to stick with my dual mass but if the combo you have is still smooth then I may use that!

C

Controll3d

Finally had some motivation with car, but it's gone already... again.

No complains on flywheel quality, but bolts are bit of issue. Those s14 bolts are way too short. Flywheel is 20mm thick at center. Would need M10x1.0 ~32mm bolts for it.

Read that Ford Pinto bolts are 30mm long. Would 10mm of thread (contact) be enough?

tbh, should have gone with Apex flywheel. Too late now, tho.

Edit:
Just notice that Driftworks have added new bolts included with flywheel... *sigh*
Emailed them about bolts. Hope getting some answers next week.

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I thought it sounded a bit odd using S14 bolts, hence my comment. Have you tried the S15 ones yet? I bet they are the right ones.

C

Controll3d

S15 stock bolts are too long and thread stops too early. So not possible to cut them either.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Argh what a nightmare mate! Hope Driftworks sort you out! It's their fault really for supplying you with incorrect info on their product! :(

C

Controll3d

Or more of not enough info at all.

Should be sorted now. They are actually sending me those bolts! :)

C

Controll3d

Been using combo now for about 3 weeks. Clutch feels nice, but for some reason slipping slightly between 3-4k. Usually only for first harder acceleration.

Done few full acc 1-7000 rpm using gears 1 through 4(5, can't use full range due speed limiter) without any signs of slipping.