What's new

fitting H-dev exhaust manifold.

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys!

Bought a H-dev exhaust manifold, but I havent fitted It yet, Are they difficult to fit? haven't really done this before,

All tips and trix are welcome,

I was planning to remove the bolts by the turboflange first.. and then remove the bolts on the flange thats on engine side, and just lift the old mani up and out!.. and then In with the H-dev. Is It possible to do this or do I have to take out the turbo with everything ...?

Best regards: Me =)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You will ave to take the monifold/turbo/turbo elbow out together, then fit the new manifold off the car.

Be sure to use genuine Nissan gaskets and new locking tabs etc, or you'll be doing it all again in 6 months when the gasket fails!

Reaction score
It's an easy job to do. I've done It so many times I can get the bottom mount setup off in half an hour. If its your first time I'd say it'll take just over an hour. I usually take the elbow off the turbo though to give yourself a bit more room when removing the manifold and turbo. Don't forget to disconnect the oil and water lines too.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Quick one along the same lines, the turbo lines. I read you should change then when doing this. Is this absolutely necessary or can you use the standard ones and replace them at some other point?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You can use the standard ones again but they have a tendancy to crack. If you re-use them, it may be worth buying new banjo washers, or at least trying to anneal the old ones :)

Reaction score
Best way to fit one of those is put it in the bottom of your bin and buy a proper one, I have been asked to fit three of these upto press and every one is so poorly made it contradicts the whole reason of having a better flowing manifold. Ask Max on here about his! Utter rubbish..

Reaction score
Country
I think that may of been the original run of manifolds. Heard the new ones are better but can't confirm that. I did have to skim mine before fitting it as well.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I've done It so many times I can get the bottom mount setup off in half an hour. If its your first time I'd say it'll take just over an hour.
Had mine fitted by a mate yesterday who's a mechanic and just got round to picking it up, they moaned so much so i had to show them your post above Adam! They were shocked and impressed that you can do it in that sort of time! Suppose it comes with practice! :nod:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha first time round took me me the best part of a day to free the bolts up let alone anything else lol I have since taken it off twice and agree with Adam can do it in about half hour 45 mins now still a crap job lol

Reaction score
Had mine fitted by a mate yesterday who's a mechanic and just got round to picking it up, they moaned so much so i had to show them your post above Adam! They were shocked and impressed that you can do it in that sort of time! Suppose it comes with practice! :nod:
Just saw this, Mike. Lol, yeah it's not a bad job when you know what order to do things in. My boss said to me yesterday that he couldn't believe how quickly I stripped the top mount kit and fitted a full bottom mount setup, with having to make parts in between, so quickly.