What's new

What rear lights?

Reaction score
Country
Just sold the old car so got some money to play with :)

Deciding on new rear lights,

What do people think would look better on a grey S15?

I don't like the standard lights, or the slightly Lexus clear lights some people have, so it's a decision between 50/50 red/clear lights, or the yashio factory LED's, what do people think? Price worth it for the yashio factory ones? Or will the 50/50 look better on a grey car?

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I bought some of the non led 50/50, and regret my cheapness now! Alot of people have mentioned the Sonar LED units are supposed to be decent for the money as the yashio ones are big money.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers man ill have a look; looking for views on the difference of looks too guys, not worried about the money :)

Reaction score
Country
This is my car. I don't know what the lights are called but they come with a disgusting crystal effect, however, mine have a tint film over them which brings them back to a classy level I like to think. What about these?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Unfortunately, no. I don't have access to a camera capable of taking photos at night good enough to do it justice

Reaction score
Country
i have a brand new set of Genuine D-Max 50/50 LED lights i bought from RHDJAPAN last time i made an order, i can't decide on whether to fit them! the oem lights have grown on me

Reaction score
Country
If you've just got a phone camera, that'd do, pm me a pic if you can mate doesn't have to be great quality just wanna see :)

Dave: pm me if you're thinking of selling and I'll have a look if you have any pictures

Reaction score
Country
i've got a set of lights the same as 2fst4u's rear smoked ones just sat in my room in brand new condition. they're unsmoked though, so you'd have to do that yourself. if you're interested let me know.

however in terms of 50/50 or yashio? i'd say its personal preference. yashios have a chrome border. which in my opinion is horrible. i dont care how ''jdm'' it is, i wouldnt put them on my car. you can get ones very similar though with a black border from the likes of D-MAX which looks much better :)

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
i don't think the chrome border on the Yashio's is really noticeable now, looks more like a shiny black color instead.

Thats from Nengun but has anyone got them recently and fitted them, be nice to see a real HD photo of them in place

so tempting to blow my limit on the card and slap a set on there :smitten:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
i have a brand new set of Genuine D-Max 50/50 LED lights i bought from RHDJAPAN last time i made an order, i can't decide on whether to fit them! the oem lights have grown on me
D-Max lights are the way, look way better than standard and not horrid like lexarse style ones

Reaction score
Country
See now you see why I asked the question :p I am liking 2fast's lights of I'm honest, something different, pm me mate about price :)

The yashio ones I like, but either with the chrome or black finisher I think it kinda clashes with the pewter

And I do like the Dmax ones, but feel like they're overused and wanna do something more original with my s15 when I have the time, so better start with mods I feel will work with the later plans

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
IMG_4923.jpg
Mine with Sonar LED lights. Indicators aren't LED like the latest Yashio but i have just popped decent chrome bulbs in there and it looks good, burns nice and bright. The red lights are also very good and bright. I have gone from lexus style with CF effect that regrettably came with the car. Always thought they were horrible.

C

Controll3d

View attachment 709
Mine with Sonar LED lights. Indicators aren't LED like the latest Yashio but i have just popped decent chrome bulbs in there and it looks good, burns nice and bright. The red lights are also very good and bright. I have gone from lexus style with CF effect that regrettably came with the car. Always thought they were horrible.
I got also Sonar's (which makes yashios), but with chrome frame and smoke lens.
Too bad you can't get smoked Yashios anymore.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
My Silvia does that too when going on our driveway^^. Have to take a run-up to get on it!