What's new

Japspeed FMIC problem

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Hi, just trying to fit my Japspeed FMIC but came to a problem when trying to fit the breather pipe from the cold intake pipe to the inlet manifold.

Anyone got any ideas or help on what i can do?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Basically the pipe that connects from the two parts iv circled doesnt match up, ends up hitting the blades or putting a kink in the pipe. Everything else lines up bar this pipe.

Ended up undoing 3 days work and removing it all together as i need the car tomorrow. Any help on it?

Reaction score
Country
just get a bit of silicone hose off ebay, but you might have to put up with one end being too tight and one being too loose, i had the same problem so i just squeezed one end on, the intercooler end and used two different size clamps, you will have to use non braided so that it can stretch, i was expecting mine to split but after a year its still hanging on in there, and i just haven't got around to putting on a better option, will probably just leave it until i get better piping and just get a fitting welled on to suit the purpose, i you are still running the stock ECU i would not block it off as its controlling your idle

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
i had to trim the edge of the fan blades dude, i made a template so the fan is still balanced

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
I thought i was the only one with the problem, il purchase some silicon hose see how that works if not will have to get the pipe re-fabricated as my boost line ( the small thin one) is also getting caught on my BOV pipe.

Reaction score
I would not be happy with a cold pipe like that, I prefer the breather pipe fitting to be higher up on the pipe to stop it fowling the fan and shroud.

Mines similar to this one.

Reaction score
Country
i'd return it and get a different one, like Auss15 recommends.. Apex Performance are a similar price, and the air feeds are in practical places. :)

Reaction score
Country
mine DEFINITELY didnt come like that when i got it with the intercooler. The only openings on that tube are for the main air intake from the intercooler, the main out to the throttlebody, a T off for the BOV, and another T off that goes to one of the pipes hidden away in the inlet mani. that picture shows 3 T offs... My boost solenoid T is coming off one of the silicone hoses, not that hard pipe. Might be worth a quick phonecall to ask if they still make the same one i've got? fits perfectly without any fannying around.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well just dropped an email to them asking if it is different il purchase that, was told the apex kit didn't fit well so i avoided that and now stuck with a kit that don't fit at all lol.

Reaction score
Country
lol!

i cant comment on apex type 2(no cutting) as i dont have one
but apex type 1 requires cutting through the battery tray, and maybe trimming the front end here and there ever so slightly. but aside from that, it all lines up and fits quite nicely. :)

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well contacted apex about the cold pipe, and received back that the pipe shown above is for the the stock oem intercooler :/ and that they don't sell the cold pipe for the FMIC on its own.

Great :) anywhere i can get a better cold pipe from?

Reaction score
Country
Ha! crapspeed at it again. I would be cautious with that intercooler.

were there lips on the inlet and outlet of the core? if not I'd advise taking it to a welder who can run a bead round the ends where it should join with the silicone pipe as it will pop off. all the time.

about the cold pipe, that's an OD one but like auss15 said have a look on eBay for a pipe kit of you can't modify the one you have. cutting the fan just sounds dodgy to me

Reaction score
Country
I'd use the core but get some custom pipes made up. Failing that the apex fmic seem to fit quite well or get a proper one like a greddy unit.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Yer the whole kit has beading around each connector as well as on the core. Everything lined up spot on just that cold pipe, I am a welder so might just fabricate it myself. Also was told that Apex,Autobahnn,Japspeed are all the same units just different parts of piping.

I didn't realise how cheap the Greddy unit is would of purchased that if i had known. But I'm back in work Monday so will see what i can do with it.