What's new

brakes

Reaction score
Country
noticed recently like after in 5th 6th gear and braking down from say 100 suddenly the steering wheel starts to shake like crazyy :confused: full wobbbleesss

any idea what this could be ?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Brakes are warped! New discs and pads on the front required, and check your pistons in the calipers as one or more may be seized causing the warpage!

Reaction score
Country
hmm how much could i be looking at i dont know much about brakes and discs etc

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheapest place I ever got OEM discs and pads were from 'Brakes International'. You can Google search them.

Sane fitment as S14 200SX :)

Reaction score
Country
Its warped front brake disks, this is the case 8 out of 10 times, its caused by repeated heavy braking without enough time for the metal to cool before the pedal is stomped on again. before you go and shell out money for new gear why dont you take your disks to a brake place and see if surfacing them will help, when i got my car it had a bad shudder under braking so i got them surfaced, and they are fine now, only took .5mm off to balance them, so the heat dispersion difference is nothing to worry about it, but you can only do this once maybe twice before you will need new disks, if more then 1.5mm gets taken off you start to affect the disks ability to disperse heat. If new disks are what you are after do NOT buy cheap weak metal ones.

Reaction score
Country
hmmm thanks for the responses ill try find a brake place and see whats up.