What's new

Is a turbo time necessary?

Reaction score
Country
I have one, and I do both. Don't drive like a loony and switch off the car as it's not good, end of. I ease off when I am reaching my destination and then use the timer also, best of both words. For £15 I like the convenience, but of it were the choice of that and another sensor for the alarm ie: tilt, then I would take the sensor.

As for insurance and legality. Mine is fully declared with Flux and they've never had an issue with it. The legal side of things as I recall is you are not allowed to leave a motor vehicle running unattended on the public highway. Therefore driveways, car parks etc are fine.
I'm already having tilt sensors, glass sensors etc :)

The problem with the turbo timer on the alarm is that it's a set time. The HKS one, obviously, is adjustable. Not sure how useful a fixed time would be.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah that's true. I think the max is about 2mins? I've got mine set to 90 seconds. As it's been said before it's just down to personal preference.

Reaction score
Country
The guy I am doing the alarm through said it can be set from 1 second to 5 minutes. Very clever but I don't think it's adjustable after installation.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah the installer can adjust it for you though. Dont believe you can access that feature via clear view

Reaction score
Country
these seem to divide opinion, but does anyone know how to instal one on a 15? a how to link or some pics would be appreciated :)

Reaction score
Country
you just follow the instructions, and if you brought a "seconds hand one bro" then you are sad, as a HKS one will cost next to fark all

Reaction score
Country
No I'm not 'sad bro' I bought a new greddy one. What I wanted pictures for is to see where people routed wiring etc. I haven't got my car yet so want to get ahead of The game before it arrives instead of going in blind

Reaction score
Country
turbo times are just ignition T in devices and there is heaps of room under and around the dash for wiring, if you put it in the center just under the cd player then it will be piss easy, anything else is only slightly harder