What's new

looking to push 400hp what mods would i need??

M

matt_S15

hey guys I'm looking to push 400 - 450Hp out of my 2001 spec S... what mods would be needed??

the car is pretty much stock at the moment with a 3 inch exhaust and dump pipe but thats it..

I was looking at doing it all in one go as i really only want to take it off the road 1 time only..

any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Ok, to start with you are going to need a nice fat wallet to get 290-335KW out of your near stock S15.

For a 1 off event my question is why spend a large amount of money to get such high power figures.

You pretty much will need a full rebuilt motor with forged internals plus all the fuel delivery, induction/turbo and fittings.

You will best go to E85 coversion for power and to keep running temps down.

Then there's gearbox, diff, brakes, suspension computer,the list can be as long as you want.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
best off buying a car with it already done!!! Or go speak to a garage with experience with engine, drivetrain swaps!

Reaction score
Country
Last edited:
Reaction score
the cost to get there will be a hell of alot more then these guys below are selling there cars for, the top one will give you a indication on a spec list, although this one is abit over the top, and its not even a forged engine

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/silvia/auction-394681595.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/silvia/auction-475282515.htm
If that first one is running 400bhp on 555cc injectors i'll be amazed:eek: - unless it only runs on full race spec fuel...
You'd be lucky to make mid 300's on pump fuel with them:nod:

As far as a list of stuff is concerned I'd be inclined to agree with spoonman, you won't build one cheaper youself!!

M

matt_S15

Cheers Guys
i was just seeing what everyone thought.. although I'm a miner my wallet isn't that fat as i have house repayments, bills etc..
But I'm just looking to get a bit more go out of her.. what could i do with it for about $10,000 AUD??
i know i should get a front mount, a new computer, and up the boost, but is there anything else i could do??

:)

Reaction score
Country
I'd go for mid 300's using a standard turbo block especially as you should be able to keep the standard box as well.

What you'd need is
garret gt2871 turbo
555/750cc injectors
ngk bkr7eix or blr8eix plugs
bosch or walbro fuel pumps
z32 afm
turbo back exhaust including de-cat
front mount intercooler
clutch and flywheel to handle the extra power
free flow filter
Nistune/apexi power FC etc.
Electronic boost control

Could add tomei pon cams as well if you want to push things :)

Plus mapping and fitting if you can't do it yourself.

Reaction score
Country
you will be suprised how fast 10k will go, as you have to buy the parts mentioned by chris but then theres all the little bits and pieces that go in between, still it will defiantly get you alot more power then stock

M

matt_S15

thanks guys thast heaps of help... Yeh its a Spec S...
please continue to respond to this thread as the more info i can gather the better..

Cheers

G

gunner93

I'd go for mid 300's using a standard turbo block especially as you should be able to keep the standard box as well.

What you'd need is
garret gt2871 turbo
555/750cc injectors
z32 afm
front mount intercooler
free flow filter
Electronic boost control

To make 450hp, you need bigger turbo, GT30 top mount. So you need to add the following :

1) Top mount extractor
2) Enlarge intake plenum & bigger throttle body,
3) Pro cams 270 duration &12.5mm lift, stronger valve springs & stoppers,
4) Stand alone 40mm waste gate, screamer pipe & bigger BOV
5) Oil cooler (if you do not already have)
6) 1.2mm metal head gasket
7) Forged pistons
8) Bigger brakes especially front.
9) Your 6 speed gear box is on the edge now, so stand by S14a 5-speeder and clutch.

Reaction score
Country
The bigger trim gt2871r with cams can clear 400bhp with less lag than the gt30 set up. Some of the new turbos on the market are better again both in terms of lag and power from what I hear

M

matt_S15

What you'd need is
garret gt2871 turbo
555/750cc injectors
z32 afm
front mount intercooler
free flow filter
Electronic boost control

Do you think I Could pick all this up for under $10000 AUD?? i will be fitting it with my mechanic mate but will need to get it mapped somewhere.. does anyone know of a good tuning garage from mackay to cairns???

Reaction score
Country
Don't have a clue what prices are like over there mate so wouldn't like to guess :(

Reaction score
you'll get away with what chriscooke listed for 8k i think, just need to ring around and get prices try get most of it from one guy and you should get a good discount