What's new

HKS Hipermax D spec?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

The car i have been looking at comes with the above suspension, just wondering if people have had experience of them and will they last well on the terrible UK roads? heard there drift spec?

If not whats the going price on them? immaculate condition as its of a fresh import nothing seized and no rust.

Also any good place to go to have them set up correctly?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
To be honest see how they perform where you live, they are are too hard see if you can soften them. If not then look for replacements, but I have heard great things about HSD Coilovers

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Ali, well going to get them set up correctly. Lucky for me the adjusters for the rear are on the back parcel shelf :)

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Ali, well going to get them set up correctly. Lucky for me the adjusters for the rear are on the back parcel shelf :)
Yeah get them set up and see how they feel, and if you don't like them check out HSD, they get raving reviews

Reaction score
Country
I had them on my Integra Dc2, a little on the hard side but in turn performed really well.
I never had any problems with them, but a year or so after i sold the car on, i know the guy had to have a couple of them rebuilt, but that might be down to his driving/misuse. got a thumbs up from me.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Ali will check them out.

Thats alright then i was more worried about them failing, the ride didnt feel to bad lucky around my area the roads arnt that bad. But thanks for your input Dave will see how i get on :)

S

Supernova

It all depends on the spring rates they were bought. I had a set of HKS coilovers on an Altezza before and they were the most comfortable coilovers I've ever had! Go for a 4/6 kg/mm spring rate for daily road use!

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Bit of a resurrection. Is there anyway you can tell what spring rates you have? so far really nice to drive quite soft but very bouncy which results in the tyre hitting the rear arches sometime, at the moment the dampering is set half way 15/30 on front and back.

Is it a simple case of adjust the dampering so its more stiff? i believe 0 is stiff and 30 is soft.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
From memory the drift spring rates are 8/10kg. Nengun / rhd will have new ones + specs. Have been looking into the his range as I now have a set of hks hipermax performers on the way. They are the street version at 4/6kg as supernova's. £500 plus postage, used market can be a minefield though. Drift to fetch more I imagine.