What's new

Non starter

Reaction score
Country
After not using the car for a week turned the key and click clickclick recurring.Think its the starter or solinoid or both Can anybody tell me if the s14 starter&sol is a straight fit
thanks in advance guys:thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Have you tried jumping it teejay? Sounds more like the battery is flat!
I also thought this at first so fitted new battery and it still just clicks.Mate at a garage said it sounds like the starter is fireing in and out but not turning so iam going to swap out the starter and see what happens from there just needed to know if the s14 starter is a straight swap because there easy to get hold of

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
give the starter a tap with a hammer and see if it starts. I would hazard a guess and say the starters are the same.

Reaction score
The S15/S14 starters are the same. I did read somewhere that someone said the S14 is slightly thicker then the S15 which might cause a tight fit with the steering column in.

Do a voltage check to your starter which will confirm if its failing

Reaction score
Country
Did a volt check turns out i have a electric drain some where in the system.That is killing the batt .Starter and solinoid check out fine so now i need a good autosparky guy thanks again for the info mates:thumbs:

Reaction score
Did a volt check turns out i have a electric drain some where in the system.That is killing the batt .Starter and solinoid check out fine so now i need a good autosparky guy thanks again for the info mates:thumbs:
I'd be looking at the Alternator then as the culprit. Sounds like its not charging the battery and you are sucking the life from it each time you drive.