What's new

Slower then stock?!?

Reaction score
Country
So my 15 was stock apart from a turbo back exhaust. I recently installed a hks suction kit and hks ssqv bov. thinking it would gain some HP it feels laggierrrr and slower doesnt even pull as hard wtfffffffffffffff??????????????????????
helpppp anyonee???? :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Reaction score
Country
umm took it to a tuning place they installed it. Tuner said doesnt need tune should be all good. I was thinking must be a leakage somewhere but i dont know where to look lol am not that good mechanical minded.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
hmm i shall do that now, by the way my boost guage is just sitting on 0 <----------- and is frozen whats going on lol fml

Reaction score
Country
What boost gauge have you got?

The standard one will sit at the bootom of the gauge when idling which will be like -0.5, it will be all the way at the bootm at -0.7 if the engine is off or the gauge is not getting any vac pressure.

When driving obviously the needle will move up from -0.whatever to + 0/whatever so it cant be sat at 0...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/sushiming/S15/DSC00844.jpg

Reaction score
Sorry, but since when does a blow off value and a HKS induction kit yield more then about 1 or maybe 2 KW of power.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
agreed, but it shouldnt make it worse though... :wack:

Sorry, but since when does a blow off value and a HKS induction kit yield more then about 1 or maybe 2 KW of power.

Reaction score
Country
What boost gauge have you got?

The standard one will sit at the bootom of the gauge when idling which will be like -0.5, it will be all the way at the bootm at -0.7 if the engine is off or the gauge is not getting any vac pressure.

When driving obviously the needle will move up from -0.whatever to + 0/whatever so it cant be sat at 0...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/sushiming/S15/DSC00844.jpg

I got the standard one it was working today then all of sudden its stopped at 0 when on and goes off obviously when off

agree but it shouldnt be worse. I think i fixed it there was a pipe loose from the intake ? pushed it in further went for test but its rainy and is spinnin out on 2nd before it wouldnt even do that? :|

i came across a loose piping ? will upload pic in a sec

Last edited:

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
well that pipe connects to the boost sensor, that's why it reads 0 no matter what rev your engine is at. it used to connect into a t-pipe near the dump valve on the oem system. hopefully its just blown off and theres a connection down below by the battery for it since they replaced the oem system with the hkss

Reaction score
Country
well that pipe connects to the boost sensor, that's why it reads 0 no matter what rev your engine is at. it used to connect into a t-pipe near the dump valve on the oem system. hopefully its just blown off and theres a connection down below by the battery for it since they replaced the oem system with the hkss
I wouldn't have a clue where that is lol :p

And teejay nah it was okay but from start noticed less power.. and the gauge died out yesterday within like 5 day period

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
I'll take a picture of mine tomorrow but my setup would be the original recerc valve (blow-off valve). looking at your pic it would be from the area circled, but im wondering if its come from the silver item within the circle, not sure what i connects to on your car but doesn't look standard unless its already connected to something else.

IMG_0604-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
that's going to the blow off I think? If you show me pic where yours going would be appreciated thanks :)

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
have a look, that's just under the main battery cables, I've got a vacuum tube that comes from the intake manifold and connects onto the top of the blow off valve. in that line is the T and the blue pipe is the new bit i installed to replace the old tube which was failing and driving me nuts by popping off the sensor (which is why it goes to zero). even went a little paranoid and used a tie-wrap but I'm planning on redoing a lot of the tubing at some stage to remove that.

2012-04-14 11.38.55.jpg

there's also another 2 vacuum tubes that comes from intake manifold, 1 goes to the carbon canaster at the front of the engine bay along the radiator and another that goes to the fuel pressue regulator (don't ever tap into this tube since if it leaks it would casue your engine to lean out due to lack of fuel).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
providing that its all plumbed up right and it sounds like its not, (that place that put it in dont know what they are doing), are you sure you brought a genuine HKS BOV as there are heaps of fakes around and that fail big time, and leak boost

Reaction score
Country
this was always going through my mind! I bought it off eBay but it's not black and the user claimed its 'geniune not fake!'
ill be able to return it right ? Boosting it top doesnt really sound like a hks then again it's sti factory boost so I really not sure. I will replace it with the recirculating bov again and see if it makes any diff

Reaction score
Country
it may not be a fake, but there is so much of it out there, knock off tomei fuel reg are another big one, but best way to fix a problem after doing a performance mod, put the stock part back on and see if the problem goes away

Reaction score
Country
appreciate the help everyone! went back to the tuner and they did a leak test on it. nothing smoked out from no where so that was a good sign!:thumbs: first we reconnected pipes everywhere and did a test lap and it still felt same. 2nd round we took off the hks bov and blocked it off completely and it felt a little better. 3rd time i decided to go back to the standard bov which feels much much better ! recirculated does make a difference cept the tuner was surprised i could tell the difference? RECIRCULATED FTW! :D